Sign in to follow this  

looking for DRZ400 scotts damper mount options

I have a scotts damper left over from another bike and was looking for some input on the options available for mounting the unit to my DRZ400SM.  Ideally I would really like to not have to modify the OEM speedo or or speedo mount.  I am not decided yet as to weld vs clamp post mount so if anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.  Please post up pics and any good or bad points about what you have.

Thank you

• Like 1

I have a scotts damper left over from another bike and was looking for some input on the options available for mounting the unit to my DRZ400SM.  Ideally I would really like to not have to modify the OEM speedo or or speedo mount.  I am not decided yet as to weld vs clamp post mount so if anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.  Please post up pics and any good or bad points about what you have.

Thank you

We have all the options on our website and we do have it available where you don't have to modify anything. We do sell more bolt on kits than weld on but if you are doing some hard core stunting type stuff or you have taller bar mounts then a weld on is a better way to go.

Here are the instructions for the later model bikes:

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/232.pdf

Thanks-

Eric

• Like 3

you could buy just the mounting kit since you already have the Dampner. It comed with spacers to just mouve out the factory gauge. I didnt use them because I could still see and use the buttons on my Vapor. I also have the bolt on kit. Just had to grind down some of the factory weld on the neck so that I could get it to sit perfectly. Nice kit and hardware from Scotts

16942084969_9356fcc223_c.jpg

• Like 3

Eric

Wow thank you so much for the information.  It's awesome to see manufacturers and vendors come onto forums to answer questions.  That's a great testament to not just how helpful these forums are but the people and companies that take part in them.  After reading through the information you provided I will most likely be going with the weld on option.  

Jimneutron

Thank you for the pics.  Yours looks fantastic I like how you can also maintain the OEM ignition placement.   I also like the AFR guage:).

Thank you

Edited by sbmon
  • Like 2

you could buy just the mounting kit since you already have the Dampner. It comed with spacers to just mouve out the factory gauge. I didnt use them because I could still see and use the buttons on my Vapor. I also have the bolt on kit. Just had to grind down some of the factory weld on the neck so that I could get it to sit perfectly. Nice kit and hardware from Scotts

16942084969_9356fcc223_c.jpg

More info on that AFR gauge please, sorry to thread jack

Eric

Wow thank you so much for the information. It's awesome to see manufacturers and vendors come onto forums to answer questions. That's a great testament to not just how helpful these forums are but the people and companies that take part in them. After reading through the information you provided I will most likely be going with the weld on option.

Jimneutron

Thank you for the pics. Yours looks fantastic I like how you can also maintain the OEM ignition placement. I also like the AFR guage:).

Thank you

thanks, yeah I like a clean and tidy dash area

Eric

Wow thank you so much for the information.  It's awesome to see manufacturers and vendors come onto forums to answer questions.  That's a great testament to not just how helpful these forums are but the people and companies that take part in them.  After reading through the information you provided I will most likely be going with the weld on option.  

Jimneutron

Thank you for the pics.  Yours looks fantastic I like how you can also maintain the OEM ignition placement.   I also like the AFR guage:).

Thank you

When I got my Scotts, Eric helped me with questions, both on new, as well as what I was finding used. They are an awesome company, they make the best damper, and their customer service is 2nd to none.

• Like 3

thats a MTX-L gauge kit from Innovate Motorsports

Im assuming that you run an aftermarket exhaust system . Where did you locate the O2 bung ? I believe this would be a great addition/mod. To get the jetting just right . Do tell of your experience with this .

I really like Signman Waynes top triple clamp mount. I am still trying to find it....

This is what standard bolt on tower pin clamp and Scotts bar clamp mount looks like...

MCstuff2%20005_zpslikzd0te.jpg?143058927

Edited by Jim BurnCycle Abbott
  • Like 1

Just wanted to update this thread.  I ordered up the mount for my Scott's damper directly from Scotts.   I have to say I am extremely happy with the end result.  Everything lines up perfectly and is provided to make this a super clean install even when you retain the oem gauges and ignition mount location.  I went with the weld on mount here's a quick picture of mine all mounted up.   Thank you again to everyone here who posted.

Thank you

6B06A068-9B18-425C-B525-52BD5FE713CC_zps[/url

Edited by sbmon
  • Like 3