Sign in to follow this  

How to clean pads

The tags on my Leatt elbow and knee pads say not to wash them, soak them, etc., and to simply let them air dry. Hopefully it's okay to sanitize/deoderize them with febreeze, arm and hammer, etc?

The tags on my Leatt elbow and knee pads say not to wash them, soak them, etc., and to simply let them air dry. Hopefully it's okay to sanitize/deoderize them with febreeze, arm and hammer, etc?

And 2 and half cans of Lysol.

Wear 'em through the shower.  Use woolite if they're real funky.

Or bath them (literally the only time I use my jetted tub... hate cleaning that :censored:, but it works awesome to clean gear)

Rinse everything out well then let the gear air-dry.  Put a fan in front of them to accelerate the process.

I bathe my gear a few times a year.

Small stuff (Gloves, helmet liner, elbow pads) can go through the sink with some woolite.

DSC02069_-L.jpg

After moving to Oklahoma (RED DIRT)  I started to take a tote half full of water.  When I take my gear off, I put it in the tote and add Oxiclean.  It gets agitated all the way home, then I rinse the stuff that can't go in the washer, and the rest gets thrown in the washer.  I started to do this with my mountain bike gear also.  Truck started to smell like ass,  so the tote goes in back.  Stuff like a mountain bike helmet,  knee braces can go in the dishwasher.  If the wife's not home. Forgot about some snowmachine clutches in the dishwasher, and haven't heard the end of it yet.