2000 xr400r restoring

I bought a xr400r about a week ago. This is a great bike, kick start (first kick every time) , had some rough riders before I got her(dropped it on the right) tho it was only cosmetic. but I've been cleaning her up and have done-

Rebuilt forks

New tires

New sunstar sprockets

Did x ring chain

New plastics/ fairings

New grips/brush guards

All new levers and all deterioratable parts.

Currently am trying to find a left control for the headlight s, one that's compatible with the hardware already there. I bought one thinking it would work.. But I need a 3mode switch for the lights minimum( off /low/high) the one currently on it is a 4 mode and the blinkers switch broke off. Any suggestions appreciated. It's already looking sooo nice..

20150501_132726.jpg

20150501_132738.jpg

Edited by Digitalduck

Awesome, best bikes ever!  I love mine.

yeah it has been awesome. "Different" from what im used to being mostly a streetbike guy. but i need to find a compatible left control to not lose functionality.. 

yeah it has been awesome. "Different" from what im used to being mostly a streetbike guy. but i need to find a compatible left control to not lose functionality..

Can you post a pict of what your looking for?

I really like this one. It probably won't be plug n play for your wiring, but I would guess almost anything you find won't be. It has a switch that allows you to turn the lights completely off, running lights/blinkers on only or all lights. Has horn, push to cancel blinker switch, flash to pass switch and headlight hi/low switch.

http://www.tpimotorcycleparts.com/online-store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=190&category_id=45

Oh, and if you're going to use that thing for any off road, put some fork gaiters or better yet, some seal skinz on those forks.

Edited by Trailryder42

Okay. I figured most anything I will have to rewire or at least re arrange the order of wires. But I'll post a pic once I go back out. Stopped mid travel for a beer and some grub. ;) @trailryder42... FOR SURE! I have been buying and waiting, buying and waiting. I posted those pics when I had just installed the hand guards and new plastics, currently waiting on fork covers now..

This is the stock one. Has kill/horn/3mode (4 with off) headlight / and turn signal

1430680523927.jpg