Sign in to follow this  

How to adjust idle on rm 250

Where do I adjust the idle on my rm 250. I thought you just turned the choke knob to adjust it on this this bike, so I gave it a few turns but it doesnt seem to do anything. Theres also a black plastic screw I I believe thats for the throttle positioning sensor. I also noticed that it seemed to get more of that big bore 2t idle sound to it more than it used to. What would be the readon for that

Hi Noah,

That black plastic screw with spring is the idle adjustment. Screw it in for higher a higher rev. That screw will push the throttle slide up when you screw it in. The choke knob also affects the idle a little bit. The manual gives a good explanation of its operation and what the factory setting is. 

Hi Noah,

That black plastic screw with spring is the idle adjustment. Screw it in for higher a higher rev. That screw will push the throttle slide up when you screw it in. The choke knob also affects the idle a little bit. The manual gives a good explanation of its operation and what the factory setting is.

thanks I did some more research and found out that the choke knob on this model is kinda like the air screw