Works Front Brake Cap

Something strange started happening. After a crash where the bike laid down for a half hour, my front reservoir went dry. I removed the cap back in the garage and filled and bled with new dot4, replaced the cap and with the steering turned left, brake fluid is leaking from the cap.

Looking at the cap it has channels cut into the rear of the cap that have to be allowing the reservoir to atmosphere, it just looks that way. There is no gasket seal, is there supposed to one? What is causing the fluid leak?

2008 KX450F

Something strange started happening. After a crash where the bike laid down for a half hour, my front reservoir went dry. I removed the cap back in the garage and filled and bled with new dot4, replaced the cap and with the steering turned left, brake fluid is leaking from the cap.

Looking at the cap it has channels cut into the rear of the cap that have to be allowing the reservoir to atmosphere, it just looks that way. There is no gasket seal, is there supposed to one? What is causing the fluid leak?

2008 KX450F

There should be a rubber bladder/seal under the cap.

Ah, yeah I see that bladder in the FSM. Wonder wtf happend to mine. Must have eaten on the trail when I got hungry.

Edited by geauxnow

Spoke with the kawa dealer. He said the factory bladder won't work for this cap. Any ideas for me on this?

Kawie dealer is an idiot, get an oem rubber seal and install under cap. Res may be alittle full if it is still topped off.  Have a rag handy when u put the cap on.