Fx tire size

The fx comes with 18" wheel. I have a spare rim set with 19" wheel. Don't feel like getting the spare rim set restrung with 18" rim and spokes. Any reason why I can't use the 19"? It fits my 2012. I assume the axle is the same diameter and there is no issue with clearance?

The fx comes with 18" wheel. I have a spare rim set with 19" wheel. Don't feel like getting the spare rim set restrung with 18" rim and spokes. Any reason why I can't use the 19"? It fits my 2012. I assume the axle is the same diameter and there is no issue with clearance?

Rear axel on the FX is 22mm, the rear axel on the YZF is 25mm... You will need to make spacers...

They changed the front wheel axle size too on the fx? Wtf for? I bought a set of brand new prowheelcanada rims for a 450 couple years ago that came with spacers. It included smaller spacers so maybe it would work. Thanks for the info.

Actually could you not just use the axle from my 2012 yz250f on the fx? Then the spacers would remain the same. Hmm thinking logically about that maybe the wheel bearing inside diameter would be larger but from memory I don't think they are wicked ticket so I seem to recall some space. Could be wrong. Will have to check.

• 1 month later...