Kenda Millville 2

So I bought a set and what a mistake. Front went on in no time at all. As for the rear....over an hour of back and forth. It fit like a 18 on a 19 rim, not good. I ended up bending my motion pro iron, so that's 40 bucks in the can. I did get the damn thing on but it tore on the bead in 2 spots....I am not pleased at all. I wrote them and explained so we will see if anything happens. Not sure wtf was up with that tire.

Worst tire I've ever ran. Never again. I got about an hour on it before knobs started to chunk off. Guess where it got the majority of its wear from?

Milleville. 

Tore the bead and bent your tire iron? I'm not saying your tire changing technique was flawed, but a bent tire iron makes me wonder.

I just put one on the rear and went on as any other rear tire I've done. Have about 4 hours on it now and still looks new.

This is the second recent thread where someone is bitching about Kenda tires chunking.  Someone earlier was complaining about the DT.  I don't know what's up, if you are getting sold really old tires or what, but I have had zero trouble with my Kenda DT.  Still looks like new after a couple hundred miles.  Check the date code, I got mine in January, they were made a month earlier.  That is very likely the culprit for you.  Also, not sure if the Millville is 6 ply, but my DT is so I just took it and had it installed, wasn't going to battle a 6 ply 18" tire.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

I had  no problem installing my Millville sticky but it was the worst front tire I have ever used. Washed very bad on a bike that never washed before. Really hurt me on the second fall so I gave it to a friend. Only rode it twice and had all I wanted. Scary unpredictable.

I'm clearly the outlier here, I ran a kenda millville front tire for a long time and loved it. I was riding sandy/loose terrain at the time. I didn't install it myself so can't speak to that, or the rear tire. Sorry you had a bad experience/product.

I had no problem installing my Millville sticky but it was the worst front tire I have ever used. Washed very bad on a bike that never washed before. Really hurt me on the second fall so I gave it to a friend. Only rode it twice and had all I wanted. Scary unpredictable.

Your a great friend, pretty funny!

Your a great friend, pretty funny!

Hmmm! ;)