08' CRF250R Red Exhaust

On my 08' CRF250R, I recently had to replace a head gasket & water pump seal because water had gotten into the engine. I flushed all the water out & put a new head gasket. Which means I had to re-time the cam. It started on the first few kick. But starting then dying without me giving it a little throttle. After about 30 seconds of me giving it throttle, it started to run on its own. I was walking around the bike checking everything out, & notice my header pipe was bright cherry red (much brighter than in the picture). I instantly turned off the bike & did some research. I noticed that it is normal for this to happen. But most cases it stated that it could be seen at night. Where I was in mid day & it was cherry red. The engine seemed to be getting hotter than usual as well, I have all the oil & coolant in. Don't know what could be the problem. I really want to ride but I'm not sure if it's safe. Help please?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1430575349.984587.jpg

Ti head pipes turn red faster than SS because they are thinner, don't know which one you have. If the timing and jetting are correct, nothing to worry about. You can put a fan in front of the bike to keep it from turning red. I spray my radiators with the hose if I need to run my bike for any extended amount of time to keep it cool.