Sign in to follow this  

klr vs it

Ive been riding a street plated (although not truly street legal) 1985 IT200 for a while now. I've been thinking about sellng it for a klr. How do these bikes handle single track? Can the suspension handle a 200lb rider? Lastly, is the 300 that much better then the 250?

Ive been riding a street plated (although not truly street legal) 1985 IT200 for a while now. I've been thinking about sellng it for a klr. How do these bikes handle single track? Can the suspension handle a 200lb rider? Lastly, is the 300 that much better then the 250?

I can tell you the KLR is gonna be a much better bike. They have a solid 29hp motor, top out around 80 mph, and yes, I am a 180 pound rider, my suspension is set very soft, yet I still have alot of ground clearance, so a 200 lb rider shouldnt be an issue. And the 300 is the same exact motor, just bored over is all, so its up to your personal preference. You could easily big bore a KLR 250 and make it a 300 if you wanted to. As far as handling goes, theyre great on and off road. I trail ride 99% of the time with it and can climb any hill in 2nd gear. Its a heavier bike but can handle jumps suprisingly well. Id say go get one. Ive had mine for a year now, and shes never let me down. ☺