adding fork oil

my fork seals have leaked since I rebuilt the forks (well, about 3 rides after).....can I add oil to the top? will it flow from the damper to the bottom?

I just need to top it off for a little ride 2moro

Edited by bobsled

Yes you can add a little fluid.  How much to add? Who knows but it will work. that's where the air is coming from when you unscrew those bleeder screws ( don't really know who uses them though). 

Yes you can add a little fluid. How much to add? Who knows but it will work. that's where the air is coming from when you unscrew those bleeder screws ( don't really know who uses them though).

If your not using your bleeders, you are screwing yourself man

Oh come on. It will build air again as soon as you start riding. What significant difference do you think bleeding the air makes? I'm pretty sensitive to my suspension changes and I can't tell a difference. In theory yes but practicality I don't think so. But if it works for the man bleeding them then more power to him/her. To each his own.

Oh come on. It will build air again as soon as you start riding. What significant difference do you think bleeding the air makes? I'm pretty sensitive to my suspension changes and I can't tell a difference. In theory yes but practicality I don't think so. But if it works for the man bleeding them then more power to him/her. To each his own.

If you use speed bleeders, it's WAY WAY easier & faster....I used to think it made no difference until I started riding at a faster pace, and bleeding between each lap (35-45 mins), I promise I feel the difference on my....but each bike and rider is different, I couldnt agree more with your conclusion: what works for you, is what's right, enuf said

also, bleeding them when they are strapped down In the Truc takes a lot of pressure off of the seals

I ran in to that a lot when I worked at a stereo shop, it's all about what sounds good to the person paying for the stereo, not what sounds good to me

Edited by bobsled

Your right on with what ever one likes is what they like. I use a piece of pvc pipe between tire and fender to prevent compression of the forks while hauling. I do agree that is a good way to blow seals and if you have speed bleeder I would definitely use them in that situation. I'm just a guy riding for fun these days as I have slowed down in my years. The reflexes aren't what they used to be and I don't bounce off the ground so well anymore but still like to think I can give the average guy a good run in the woods.