Sign in to follow this  

Riding trails Carson Valley NV

Looking for someone who knows about trails in this area, and Lake Tahoe area, single track preferred

Lots of single track in the Pine Nuts.

There are staging areas on Sierra Vista Lane in Carson City, Pinenut Rode south of Garnderville, and Johnson Lane/Sunrise Pass Rd access.

Most of the stuff I know is between Deer Run Rd and a bit South of Sunrise Pass. Usually start at Sierra Vista Lane. There are so many trails it can seem easy to get lost, but Brunswick Canyon Rd runs North/South and connects to both. So it's not too hard to find your bearings.

Just rode there yesterday, actually. I can't describe how to get to this trail, but I can ride to it.

Check out the Pine Nut Mountains Trail Association.   pnmta.org  

We are a multi use / pro public lands use group. Mostly motorized users but also mt bikers, 4x4ers, and some equestrians. And some that do all the above.

Many of us have lived here and ridden the Pine Nuts for many years and know the trails well.

I'll have to check these places out as well. I'm in Fallon, so a bit of drive. Is there a group that rides out here...

I met up with OP yesterday and we did the same route I did 2 months ago in the Pine Nuts. The recent thunderstorms really washed everything out. The only trail not really effected was the one I posted video of above. Everything else was one long rain rut. The wash I normally take out of the staging area was down to bare rock instead of the normal sand and the step up ledges were twice as big. 

All in all it was good day. Just worn out from fighting the ruts.

Oscar Fox, I am in Fallon also. Not sure of any groups or trails, but I unload behind Grimes point solo. Fun gravel pits, Rocky climbs and soft open desert riding. Would be nice to form a small group for fun. Hit me up, let's go ride.

Oscar Fox, I am in Fallon also. Not sure of any groups or trails, but I unload behind Grimes point solo. Fun gravel pits, Rocky climbs and soft open desert riding. Would be nice to form a small group for fun. Hit me up, let's go ride.

Ya I've been back there a few times also. Sounds good to me, lets do it