Sign in to follow this  

Clutch cover oil seal

So I have some oil leaking from the the bolt located behind the kickstart lever. I partially think it's leaking bc the bike is such a pain to start and I've bottom out the lever so many times when not in tdc. That said I need to replace the gasket but was wondering can I change it out with the engine still in the bike and do I need to worry about anything coming apart when I pull the cover. Also while I have it off should I look at replacing other gaskets like the kickstart seal or ... ? Since the bike is used I'd rather replace gaskets and seals while they're accessible and know the work is done.

Edited by joebmx

What year and model are you talking about??

FWIW I believe that on all DR's you can remove the clutch cover without pulling the engine, but you will most likely have to remove the brake pedal.  You should be fine re-using the kicker seal.

Duh, I know better. Sorry...

1991 dr350 se.

Looking at it I would assume I only need to remove the brake and the kick lever. All the bolts are accessible. Just not sure if anything will fall out. I'm new to this. Oh and in the specs in my rebuild manual I didn't notice a torque spec. I'll look again but I didn't see anything for the clutch cover bolts. Only clutch bolts.

Thanks.

J