"Easy" trail in Michigan for new rider

What about the western loop of Geels outside of St Helen. The only deep sugar sand out there is on the wide trail/road out to the trail from the parking lot which could be a deal breaker. The thing I like is that the terrain on this loop varies about every 2 miles or so. The eastern loop is a different story lots more sand.

That is where my brother and I used to go as well.  However, the last time I went there (a few years ago) it was whooped to hell.

And we always avoided the whoops on the way out, just rode the road to where the trail crossed and headed south.  Granted, we were both plated.

Rode Bundy Hill this weekend. Wife didn't go but took a few buddies. We all found it kind of dangerous and poorly layed out. They really need to get some better signage so that you can tell where you are/are going.  Having signs that say "chicken hill"....wtf is that. Where is the sand, where is rock, where are trails...thats what I want to know.  It was still nice but some of the sudden drop offs were a bit much.  Really sucks there isn't some place a person with limited skills can learn in the lower part of michigan. 

Have you tried the southern most 20 -30 miles of Bull gap I was up there 2 weekends ago. Trail is wide limited deep sand. Limited rocks and a fair amount of hard pack. Nothing seemed challenging. No drop offs steep rutted climbs

Michigan does not have any hard pack