Ktm 500 Exc vs Husaberg Fe 570

Currently I have 2008 450 sxf. Did bunch of stuff to turn it into woods trail bike. The previous owner did a lot of power mods (engine to bondi, k&n air filter etc). I really like the power, but it rides too harsh for trails. My son has a Husaberg Fe450 which I also like. I am looking for something that better suites trail riding than my sxf, but that has more power than my sons. I am looking at Ktm 500 exc's or the Husaberg Fe570. There are two, in particular, a 2012 exc with 1850 kms, and a 2011 fe with 12,000 kms. I have heard that the Husabergs last a lot longer than the exc's. Husaberg costs $1000 cheaper to buy.

What are your opinions and past experiences on the bikes? Reliability? Ease of maintenance? Power/ handling?

Thanks

Currently I have 2008 450 sxf. Did bunch of stuff to turn it into woods trail bike. The previous owner did a lot of power mods (engine to bondi, k&n air filter etc). I really like the power, but it rides too harsh for trails. My son has a Husaberg Fe450 which I also like. I am looking for something that better suites trail riding than my sxf, but that has more power than my sons. I am looking at Ktm 500 exc's or the Husaberg Fe570. There are two, in particular, a 2012 exc with 1850 kms, and a 2011 fe with 12,000 kms. I have heard that the Husabergs last a lot longer than the exc's. Husaberg costs $1000 cheaper to buy.

What are your opinions and past experiences on the bikes? Reliability? Ease of maintenance? Power/ handling?

Thanks

They no longer make the Husaberg 570 or Husaberg for that matter as you probably know and resale before long will not be that good. The 570 is also a lot of bike for single track trails. If I were to pick one it would be the KTM for resale, parts etc. It is much more suited for what you are wanting to do IMHO.

I have a 2010 Husaberg FE450 and a 2014 KTM 350 XCF-W.  When I got the KTM I set it up exactly the same as my Berg with larger and lower foot pegs, and a Scotts underbar stabilizer mount.  I immediately noticed that I was way more comfortable on the KTM - I could stand and ride much longer without getting tired.  The Husaberg just felt cramped in comparison.  I then measured the distance from the peg to the handlebar and found that the KTM was 1" longer.  For me, that 1" makes a huge difference.  I have now raised and move the Husaberg bars forward to buy that extra 1", so now they feel about the same.

For trail riding I like the 350 much better.  It is lighter and easier to manage.  For dual sport riding the 350 lacks the gearing spread to work well on technical trails and on pavement, so the Husaberg is a better choice.  But the Husaberg doesn't have 'good' options for a larger tank, so it doesn't make a good multi-day adventure bike (for me).

The Husaberg 'feels' light to ride, until you have to pick it up.  It is just too heavy for me (which is why I bought the 350).

Given weight and fuel tank options, I would pick the KTM 500 over the Husaberg.  And I worry about resale value on the Husaberg.  If I could get a good price for it, I would sell it and buy a KTM 500.  But I can't, and it will probably get worse over time - unless the Husaberg becomes a collectors item.