I need help . 89'cr500

Can't get the pig to fire ... Took it out for the first time this year beginning of March ( last time it ran ) was riding trails . Anything past half throttle it was sounding like the engine was detonating. Got to looking at the reed gaskets and you could tell they where leaking . So while I was taking my carb off and reeds I orderd a 39mm pwk carb and some fresh reed gaskets I have the needle in the middle position . 50 pilot . 165 main . Brand new air filter brand new spark plug brand new coil .the engine was completely rebuilt last year has many 10 hours on it . It has pretty good spark . Its not popping or getting any smoke out the silencer the pickup and flywheel are clean as a whistle . Im all ears if anyone can help me out .

Thanks

get the piston at TDC.squirt about a 1/2 oz of fuel in the cylinder to rule out a no fuel prob, a bright blue spark?

The plug is wet every time I take it out . Just took the pipe off and it had a little fuel in it . When I am kicking it there is fuel running out the line that is connected to the fuel bowl . It does have spark . Not super bright .

The plug is wet every time I take it out . Just took the pipe off and it had a little fuel in it . When I am kicking it there is fuel running out the line that is connected to the fuel bowl . It does have spark . Not super bright .

Sounds like you have a stuck float in the carburetor which is flooding the engine. Check your carb float and make sure it is not stuck and is adjusted properly.

• Like 2

Sounds like you have a stuck float in the carburetor which is flooding the engine. Check your carb float and make sure it is not stuck and is adjusted properly.

The float is moving freely . How do you properly measure the float . And how do u adjust it

• 2 weeks later...