2015 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Glen Helen - Rd 2

start_450_moto_1_glen_helen_crosland-1-2

2015_glen%20helen_FMF_national_logo_med.
May 23
San Bernardino, CA
Buy Tickets Info
TV Schedule
Sat, May 23 1:30pm ET live
promotocross_com-logo-100px.png
Practice
Sat, May 23 4pm - 5pm ET live
Pre-Race Show
Sat, May 23 5pm - 7pm ET live
MAVTV_Logo_black_96.png
1st Motos
Sat, May 23 5pm - 7pm ET live
1st Motos
Sat, May 23 7pm - 9pm ET live
NBCSN-logo-96px.png
2nd Motos
Sat, May 23 7pm - 9pm ET live
2nd Motos
Wed, May 27 1am - 2am ET
NBCSN-logo-96px.png
Highlight Show

83_2_glenhelen.jpg

Animated Track Map Link:

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/event/glen-helen-2014/video/glen-helen-motocross-animated-track-map

This looks like the kind of track that MusqWIN and the KTM Factory Edition 250 will dominate at.  Orange Power!

You notice that picture from last year right?  BLUE Baby!!!!     No damn orangutan is gonna smoke our Blue boys especially in the 250 class.  STAMP IT  

• Like 1

They better add nitrous bottles to those blue bikes then, those ktm's will lay waste to those blue bombs up those hills

I dunno the Blue Bike looked much stronger than the Orange Turd did last week. Especially in the 2nd Moto.  Hope for good racing :cheers:

• Like 1

I didn't watch the race but it was essentially a tie right? Sounded Like the blue bomb was lucky musquin had to come from a ways back in moto 2 or orange would've been 1-1

This disqualifies you as anyone that knows what they are talking about  😏   😉

Virtual tie as in points, yes,  yet soundly smoked in 2nd moto.  Bad start as you say? Or not in shape for 2 - 30x2? Maybe Aldon worked him too hard? 

Remember the reverse engine killed that track last year?  This year the engine is better. 

Blue blaze left the napalm orange flamer In the dust bro! Martin will be krakin jokes on the podium waiting for second waste to plow through the finish.

Finally someone that knows what they are talking about  :cheers:

• Like 1

You notice that picture from last year right?  BLUE Baby!!!!     No damn orangutan is gonna smoke our Blue boys especially in the 250 class.  STAMP IT  

Only ONE bike in that picture will be dominating this weekend....the #5 !!   😛  :D

Only ONE bike in that picture will be dominating this weekend....the #5 !!   😛  :D

WRONG !   The Bike will have  a # 3 on it .  No way Dungey can make up 1:30 don't care what bike he gets on.   All of you pumpkin lovers will have to bow down to the flying tomato!!

11261503_1380287108944895_932039440_n.jp

• Like 2

Given the history of these riders we can say a couple things.

Over the long haul Dungey has a way of putting himself "in the mix". Tomac has always shown brilliant speed, but last week was an aberration of that, not something anyone really expected.

The questions that will play out over the course of the season is if Dungey can remain in the mix, and if Tomac's "aberration" becomes the new norm.

It will be facinating to watch IMO.

Given the history of these riders we can say a couple things.

Over the long haul Dungey has a way of putting himself "in the mix". Tomac has always shown brilliant speed, but last week was an aberration of that, not something anyone really expected.

The questions that will play out over the course of the season is if Dungey can remain in the mix, and if Tomac's "aberration" becomes the new norm.

It will be facinating to watch IMO.

it was impressive but it was not completely unexpected. Did you see Tomac debut Pro ride?
  • Like 1

WRONG !   The Bike will have  a # 3 on it .  No way Dungey can make up 1:30 don't care what bike he gets on.   All of you pumpkin lovers will have to bow down to the flying tomato!!

11261503_1380287108944895_932039440_n.jp

So basically what you're saying is, you're a fan of everyone that is racing against KTM?

• Like 1

Yeah it seemed like there were about 8 YZ250Fs in the top 10. That bike must be good.

The actual reason why the Yamaha are good. The suspension is the easiest to perfect settings on in short time. Track conditions change. The kyb sss has been around for a decade or longer at the national level. Settings and book work are so good for setup they can't be beat by air suspension that still isn't as good. Ktm is the only other bike with similar style fork, dunno about the shock but would figure it's also similar. Kawi,zuk,Honda all have suspension that can act up at the end of a race due to heat and abuse. They deff get abused....

Engine wise boggle holeshot one moto so the hp between these brands can't be too far off from one another.

Edited by phantom451
  • Like 4

it was impressive but it was not completely unexpected. Did you see Tomac debut Pro ride?

Ummm, last week's domination by Tomac was otherworldly. People haven't expected that kind of ride from even the greats like old Ricky or McGrath or Hannah or Bailey or Ryan V. No way people were expecting it from Tomac.

• Like 1

Ummm, last week's domination by Tomac was otherworldly. People haven't expected that kind of ride from even the greats like old Ricky or McGrath or Hannah or Bailey or Ryan V. No way people were expecting it from Tomac.

They didn't expect him to win his first ever pro race either. ...

And that was at..... drum roll please!

HANGTOWN!

and he didn't win another race for a very long time after that either. My point is, he's had that kind of ride at HANGTOWN before (i think they're both equally impressive ) and blew it afterwards too.

That's why it's not completely shocking to me. YMMV

• Like 3

The actual reason why the Yamaha are good. The suspension is the easiest to perfect settings on in short time. Track conditions change. The kyb sss has been around for a decade or longer at the national level. Settings and book work are so good for setup they can't be beat by air suspension that still isn't as good. Kim is the only other bike with similar style fork, dunno about the shock but would figure it's also similar. Kawi,zuk,Honda all have suspension that can act up at the end of a race due to heat and abuse. They deff get abused....

Engine wise boggle holeshot one moto so the hp between these brands can't be too far off from one another.

I still remember my first ride on my 2006 YZ250, in rocky trails no less. I was blown away by how good the SSS forks were.

• Like 2

I still remember my first ride on my 2006 YZ250, in rocky trails no less. I was blown away by how good the SSS forks were.

I never rode a better suspended bike than my 2014 yz250. I put the heaviest springs I could find in it. Played with settings and came out better than anything I've had to pay thousands for. You just can't beat those sss forks.
  • Like 1