Alessi MXGP evaluation article...

"The other factor is that the depth in MXGP is incredible and the guys right down to the bottom of top 20 are going very fast and all have GP podium credentials. In race one at Matterley only 4.5 seconds separated the best lap of the race (Nagl) from 20th place best lap (Yamamoto).

In America the depth that low in the top 20 just isn’t as good, at Hangtown in moto one the difference between the best lap of first (Tomac) and twentieth was 14 seconds and even if you discount Tomac and Dungey, third place was still  eight seconds ahead of 20th,"

That's a pretty big deal.

Mental preparedness as well as skill set has always been an issue with Alessi, there is nothing new here.

Neither is the squabbling between rider and dad, technician, and team owner.

The one who gets my sympathy is Genova as he's in a bad relationship with the Alessi bunch. 

Wonder how much longer he'll try to endure the drama

Mental preparedness as well as skill set has always been an issue with Alessi, there is nothing new here.

Neither is the squabbling between rider and dad, technician, and team owner.

The one who gets my sympathy is Genova as he's in a bad relationship with the Alessi bunch. 

Wonder how much longer he'll try to endure the drama

Genova and Tony are friends,  he's just trying to point out something tony doesn't want to see. 

• Like 2

If Tony would just let mike go. 

Bingo...

Its funny that after all these years of the Alessi's in MX, Tony still plays the "Mike is particular about his setup" card. Like he is the only one in the universe that can take feedback from a professional rider to setup a bike properly. I get the fact that the guy loves his kids and racing, but he needs to give it up and let Mike do his thing for the rest of his career. 

Mike could have a nice gig teaching riders how to get a holeshot.   Honda could have signed up Tomac and Canard during the last SX season.

I grew up reading about the Jones family.  The drama was very well publicized.   Don Jones contribution to MX motorcycle development wasn't so well known.

When Mike had DeCoster as a manager, that seemed like a good time to break away and let the pro take over.   I think Mike is in the love/hate father/manager situation forever now.   I wish him luck.

If Tony would just let mike go. 

If Mike would just MAKE Tony go. But this will never happen, Tony will still be directing Mikes life from the grave. Have seen it happen with a close friend of mine. Mike will never really mature , he has not been allowed to. Sad to see/watch.

BTW, anyone know what the penalty in the timed practice was for?

Jumping during a yellow flag, you must keep both wheels on the ground. There were other riders who were caught so it wasn't just a Alessi situation.

Jumping during a yellow flag, you must keep both wheels on the ground. There were other riders who were caught so it wasn't just a Alessi situation.

Is this a GP rule?  I thought you had the roll jumps when the red cross flag was out, not the yellow.

Speeding in pit lane

So which one is it?