Sign in to follow this  

S.C. Trial riding areas

Just getting back into riding after a long absence, looking for fun areas to ride within a couple of hours from o.c., sure seems as if things have changed in the last 20 yrs.

TCM, there are too many to list! If you do a quick search in this forum you will find tons. I do most of my riding in the desert out toward Barstow. You can ride off of the 15 north at Dale Evans or the Wildwash exits. Also, lots of good riding in Barstow off of Copper Canyon. Rowher Flats up by Santa Clarita is also pretty good. I also hear that there are areas by the 138-15 interchange by Wrightwood or Silver something lake/Phelan. I haven't tried that yet. If you are dual sported, you can ride the fireroads right here off of Silverado Canyon Road. Check out this site also.

CA OHV

I am in OC as well if you are ever looking for someone to ride with, let me know. We usually get out every other week or so. Welcome back to riding and TT!

[

Just getting back into riding after a long absence, looking for fun areas to ride within a couple of hours from o.c., sure seems as if things have changed in the last 20 yrs.

Are you talking about trials riding or trail riding?

Here's some areas that have both;

Lake Morena, MCcain Valley, Lucern...

Try atatrials.com for trials riding .

Try this for trail riding.

http://www.recreation.gov/advancedsearch.cfm?offhighwayvehicle=1&states=CA

Hope this helps .

Welcome back. :)

socal DRZ, Thanks for the info,yes i am dual sported, where of Santiago Canyon, I live in Y.L,. would be close. will get back to you about riding.

Thans again.

You just go south down Santiago Canyon past Irvine Lake and take a left onto Silverado Canyon road. You will pass the fire station that has a big sign saying whether or not the gate is open or closed. About 5 miles or so down Silverado Canyon the road will end. YOu will see a map of the area and a gate. Just go throught he gate, there will be a couple more miles of pavement, and then it turns into dirt fireroads. You can climb all the way up to the antannae's. It's not the best riding, but it is close if you just want a quick ride. You can ride over the hill and end up in Corona in two different places. We sometimes ride over the hill, have breakfast at Tom's Farms off the 15 and rida back. Let me know if you have any more questions.

hey holy jim was realy muddy this afternoon :) took my BRP with a buuddy of mine lots of morons trying get stuck plenty of rain as well :D

I bet it was a mess up there. When the sun broke out for a little bit around noon, I strongly considered heading up there for a quick spin because I was jonesing for a ride this weekend, but I decided to change my oil, clean the air filter, add some tie downs to my trailer and clean the garage instead. I didn't ride, but at least it ended up productive.

here is the number to call and see what gates are closed up in saddleback

Contact Information:

Trabuco Ranger District, 1147 East Sixth Street , Corona, CA, 91719, Phone: 909-736-1811, Fax: 909-736-3002, mailtrd/r5_cleveland@fs.fed.us

it sucks riding out there to a closed gate.........

jeff :)

It is for most of the year. They close it for a few months because of some frogs mating season. The ranger will tell you if it is open, or there is a sign at the station on Silverado Cyn road as you are driving in. If you are on a motorcycle, you have to be street legal.