2014 yz450 balanced front to back?

Recently had a local tuner do springs and valves on a 2014 yz450f. One thing I noticed was the number of spring rates dropped on the shock vs the springs. I dropped from 5.7 to 5.0 on the rear but only .46 from .49 in the front. Does this not lead to the bike not being "balanced" so to speak? Front feels harsh and looking to go another spring rate lighter on the forks. Won't be able to talk to the guy that did them for a few days but looking for some info.

What I am wondering is, in general, if you move a given number of rates higher on one end should it be same on the other? Seems like it should. I have never tried measuring free sag on the forks but might tonight just as a reference.

That sounds pretty out of balance for that bike.  Even a lightweight running an ass-heavy desert setup that's kind of excessive.  .46's would be normally paired with a 5.3 rear, and a 5.0 rear would probably go with a .44 front.

How light are you exactly?  A 5.0 spring on that bike is REALLY light...

Stock is 5.9 and I'm spot on with that at 185 no gear.  A 5.0 is WAY too light for you at that weight.  A 5.5 would be appropriate and keep the fork springs where they are probably, maybe even 0.47 or 0.48 for really aggressive riding.

Also just for conversation sake it seems odd that even with the 5.0 spring I am having issues setting sag. The numbers appear to show that I could go another spring lighter?? Maybe I don't actually have a 5.0 installed like he says I do.

K. Thanks. I think I will try the lighter springs in the front and see how it goes. I've heard different ranges for free sag. pro-action, that's what I have, mentions 15-25mm free sag but seems like 35 is ok the more reading I do.