Missouri OFFICIAL CHADWICK THREAD

Went out Xmas Eve. Conditions were extremely muddy and slick, partially due to all the fog and mist. With more rain today I imagine it's just as slick. Nonetheless a great time as always. Pierce has been marking single track I believe. So if you see tape that's probably it.

• Like 3

Pierce has been marking single track I believe. So if you see tape that's probably it.

Is he trying to lay out some definite loops on the bikes only side? If you don't know your way around, it end you up running in circles.

Is he trying to lay out some definite loops on the bikes only side? If you don't know your way around, it end you up running in circles.

We rode what's probably the most used trail on the bikes only side and up through husky burner and I didn't see any tape. I think he's just marking (or has marked as of now) the stuff over near Cobb ridge, and even stuff back by oak camp.
  • Like 1

By the time I get back there it's going to seem like a whole new place. Hopefully by March or April my leg will be in good enough shape again to reliably start my bike.

• Like 2

I been working old trial between the camp grounds 133 area. I made a connections​ hooking 3 trails in the middle of the park. I have repaired the 104 single track. And have a couple in the works.

• Like 4

I was there last weekend 1/29/17 and I had a blast as always but on the single track side there are 4 or 5 trees down in about a 300 foot section that need to be cut out. You can't go over or around you have to go under. It pretty tight in spots.

I was there last weekend 1/29/17 and I had a blast as always but on the single track side there are 4 or 5 trees down in about a 300 foot section that need to be cut out. You can't go over or around you have to go under. It pretty tight in spots.

Yeah it's been like that for awhile. I might be wrong, but I imagine the trails won't be cleared by rangers for awhile on that side, haven't seen them over there in a long time.

I'm fairly new to the area, and I found it surprising that they don't allow people or groups of volunteers to come in to clear deadfall. Every other National Forest I've ridden in welcomes that type of cooperation from users.

The trees have been across the bottom trail (137 it used to be) on the bikes only side since last spring. You can go around all of them but the one. Gotta drag your bike under that one.

Update: Saturday February 4 2017 The conditions where cold and dry. The rocks where not as slick as usual making some of the default rock ledge sections a bit easier. I came across a newly cut single path trail off of 113 on the very outer skirts of Chadwick. I was heading toward camp ridge and the trail was on the left. After a narly Hill climb it dropped us out on 160. It also looked fairly new and very well marked (unusual for Chadwick) I would like to know more about this trail if anyone has information.

Update: Saturday February 4 2017 The conditions where cold and dry. The rocks where not as slick as usual making some of the default rock ledge sections a bit easier. I came across a newly cut single path trail off of 113 on the very outer skirts of Chadwick. I was heading toward camp ridge and the trail was on the left. After a narly Hill climb it dropped us out on 160. It also looked fairly new and very well marked (unusual for Chadwick) I would like to know more about this trail if anyone has information.

I believe that's one of the areas Mike Pierce has been working on. I found it on Friday myself after talking with him. Very nice trail. I took all of the spur trails that came off of it. Some of it seems to be old trail that's reclaimed, but there is a lot of really fun new stuff.

It's pretty cool the parts of Chadwick you see when you get off the beaten path (pun intended). You can pretty much take single track all the way from camp ridge to stump spring, only using actual trails for short connectors.

I'll probably be down there Sunday to do some more exploring hopefully it's not to rainy or wet but I guess that would just make it more fun.

Drove through just burning time today. It was crowded and dusty on the roads. Should still be great riding no matter what though.

Hey, introduced myself about a year ago but was unable to get any seat time last year. Need to change that asap... 
Friday the 14th I am going to try to get out and ride. I have to work late the night before and that may spill into Friday morning so I don't want to commit to a real early start time.
But def want to get out to knock the rust off since I haven't been on the dirt bike in about 1.5 years and only on the track bike once in that time.  So, I might need a bit to get warmed up and back in the groove. 

• Like 1