She needs a kick stand, but which one?

If you are like me ( extra tall seat) and like to kick when on the kick stand, go with the OEM X, not the PMB, as it will crack if you do that.

Yeh. I had a promotobillet on a cr250, and it cracked and got real loose after 50hours or so.

• 8 months later...

After reading this thread, I went with the oem 450x stand, mostly for what Krannie said, and I also like the idea of keeping it Honda. Having said that, it really sticks out there, so we'll see if that matters on tight trails. Also, after buying all the parts, it's not that much cheaper than the Pro Moto one. Still pretty cool, though.

Another vote for the Pro Billet stand. Installed one on my 03 450R and love it for kick starting on the trail etc.

When you stop can you put it down while still on the bike? I need to have it down to steady the bike when getting on/off the bike. I have balance issues and a short inseam even though I'm 5' 11".

I have to use a step I made to get on/off and it's iffy if not on rear axle stand so I'm thinking maybe a PMB.

Edited by HRC27

• 3 weeks later...

THE PMB is really nice, and really trick

but,

few problems with it

the description of the bolts used on the foot peg brackets

xxmm x xxmm shoulder bolt specail

the shoulder is actually suppose to go through the peg bracket and into the frame which is counter bored to a shallow depth to accept the shoulder.

with the pmb kick stand inbetween the peg and the bracket

the shoulder does not make it into the frame, its not cool.....

you need longer bolts, with a longer shoulder....

• Like 1