Sign in to follow this  

running 10-40 in my drz?

It has 1300 miles on it at this point it's a 2015

Ya, I'd be having a Suzuki mechanic listen to it before the warrantys up, it may be normal, but no one can tell you that on a forum.

Engine noise is normal. Don't pay someone to look at it. Checking the valves is very simple. Save your money for mods! There are several tutorials and videos showing you how to do it.

Depending on what kind of helmet you wear it changes too.  My street helmet is fairly quiet but my dirt helmet combined with the carbon fiber skid plate, the helmet resonates with the plate, echoing the bottom end noise and at certain rpms makes the motor sound horrendous.

Edited by subeng

This doesn't really help your situation, but I've never run anything but 10w40 in any motorcycle I've ever owned. It is the only common, inexpensive oil without energy conserving additives (bad for wet clutches). Also, I've tried synthetic a couple times and always drained it the next day. On the bikes I tried it on, the clutch felt weird and shifting got really notchy. I do run synthetic on my Ducati but it has a dry clutch.

yikes! 2 page oil thread.

"amsoil full synthetic but it was 10-40....if I run it for the next 1800 miles with this in it it won't hurt my lower rod bearings will it?"

heck no! its a 15yr old design.

I've been waiting for an oil thread so I wouldnt have to start one, so here's my noob question...Can you run the mobil 1 20-50? It says for v-twin, but does it just say that because that's what they run?