Sign in to follow this  

Washington Capital forest 27th or 28th

It's been a long time since riding capital. I'm going to do the enduro on the 12th of July and figured I should check out some of the trails first. Anyone who knows it well interested in showing me around? Or if you don't know it well and want to ride that would be fine too.

First off get the DNR recreation map, 2013 or newer. Summit Grocery, one mile west of the 101 exit, on WA 8 sells them, or DNR online.  CF is divided into two parts; motorized in the north half and horse in the south half.

There is a also a GPS version of the DNR map that will run on a smart cellphone. I converted it for my Garmin 62 but the file size is too big to display so I use my cell phone to show me where I'm located on the DNR map.  There is a free Garmin map of CF roads and trails available from Switchbacks.com but it has the old trail and road numbers on it.

If nothing else get the DNR map and drive the roads looking at all of the trail crossings.

The Timekeeper will stage out of Rock Candy, and RC has 3 trails out, 2 of which climb south to the RC ridge, and the other goes west towards Straddle Line. There are also some abandoned trails that they may use to make loops.

I try to ride CF during the week.

Thanks for the info Chuck. I will definitely get a map before heading there.

I knew they were staging out of rock candy so I figured would start there. I never go to CF because I live close to Tahuya and ride there.

I have Mondays off work also so the 29th would work too.

im going riding first thing tomorrow morning, i was either going to capital or tahuya. I dont know Capital Really well , but i've always made it back to my truck , I'm heading to either destination  about 6:30 am , and will try to arrive by about 7:30. I know its late notice , but if you get this before then and wanna ride , i'll check the thread tomorrow morning before i leave