Sign in to follow this  

Washington Help a brother out?

I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here but I wanted to see if anyone has/knows of an open riding area within 30-45 minutes of Covington, WA? I'm recovering from back surgery and have been cleared to "tool around" on my KX450 as long as I don't jump or ride technical trails. I'm in the process of getting ORV tags (P.I.T.A. since I moved from a state that doesn't title MX bikes) so I can't do forestry yet. I'd literally be just getting familiar with riding my bike again. It's really quiet for a 450 too, has a FMF Powerbomb and Yosh pipe with spark arrestor insert. PM me if you can help, I'm mechanically inclined and can cook so I'll make it worth your while :)

I'm in the process of getting ORV tags (P.I.T.A. since I moved from a state that doesn't title MX bikes) so I can't do forestry yet.

Technically, pursuant to RCW46.09.440 you need an ORV permit to ride anywhere in Washington State.

In reality it is likely that on private property that that would not an issue.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.09.440

Yeah, I've noticed Washington has its bases covered as far as collecting fees and fines :) Private land would be great. Thanks for the reply.

used to unload behind Covington Safeway and ride for miles on the powerlines?

may i ask what year was that in?

yeah  power lines,gravel pits and railroad tracks, could go to sir and the green river tav and down into maple valley but that meant some hwy 18 trails.the county boys left us alone but the staters....