I've got a question I'm hoping someone can clarify before I spend a few hours of labor for nothing. Our car racing team has 2 bikes we use as pit bikes. 1 is a Suzuki DRZ 125 and the other is a Yamaha TTR 90. Suzuki has bone stock suspension and the Yamahauler has stiffened fork springs and spacer added to the rear shock to prevent rear end sag.

However, the TTR 90 is still a bit short and the DRZ 125 is a bit too tall (we've got a few girls that hop on them from time to time)... Here's my question, can I do a wheel swap on these two bikes to get the desired ride height of each? I'm not sure if Suzuki wheels will fit on a TTR and vice versa.. 

DRZ wheels/tires:

2.75" X 19" - Front

3.54" X 16" - Rear

TTR wheels/tires:

2.5" X 14" - Front

3" X 12" - Rear

Thanks in advance!

Edited by horn2bewild21

no one knows?

I've got a question I'm hoping someone can clarify before I spend a few hours of labor for nothing. Our car racing team has 2 bikes we use as pit bikes. 1 is a Suzuki DRZ 125 and the other is a Yamaha TTR 90. Suzuki has bone stock suspension and the Yamahauler has stiffened fork springs and spacer added to the rear shock to prevent rear end sag.

However, the TTR 90 is still a bit short and the DRZ 125 is a bit too tall (we've got a few girls that hop on them from time to time)... Here's my question, can I do a wheel swap on these two bikes to get the desired ride height of each? I'm not sure if Suzuki wheels will fit on a TTR and vice versa.. 

DRZ wheels/tires:

2.75" X 19" - Front

3.54" X 16" - Rear

TTR wheels/tires:

2.5" X 14" - Front

3" X 12" - Rear

Thanks in advance!

Probably not. You would have to check that axle sizes, brake drums, sprocket left/right position, swingarm width, and a couple other dimensions are all the same which is pretty unlikely on different sized bikes from different manufacturers.

Edited by yz250f_spud

Probably not. You would have to check that axle sizes, brake drums, sprocket left/right position, swingarm width, and a couple other dimensions are all the same which is pretty unlikely on different sized bikes from different manufacturers.

You're probably right because nothing is easy.. Thanks!