Washington I-405 tolls

Tolls suck! Where's are tax dollars go? The war dept. and I went for a drive a couple Sundays ago and apparently got tolled from Tacoma to Bremerton! WTF I seen no signs warning of this! No I don't live around the big city so it was a surprise! Pretty bad when you cant drive on the roads we already pay for with out a extra fee! Its BULLSHIT period. TAX TAX TAX is all they want to do.

People seem to forget that not only did they jack our gas tax ten cents a gallon for extra general purpose lanes on 405 but they they proceeded to take away a general purpose lane and turned it into a lexus lane(tolls) which screwed us over. Its call “engineered gridlock” and lemmings that keep voting these corrupt politicians in will continue to vote “D” because they are stoopid usefull idiots. Buses and choo choo trains only make up what 5% of trips? Yet everything is directed to that because these corrupt D’s are only all about power and control.

Edited by Vsack
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Vsack said:

People seem to forget that not only did they jack our gas tax ten cents a gallon for extra general purpose lanes on 405 but they they proceeded to take away a general purpose lane and turned it into a lexus lane(tolls) which screwed is over. Its call “engineered gridlock” and lemmings that keep voting these corrupt politicians in will continue to bote “D” because they are stoopid usefull idiots. Buses and choo choo trains only make up what 5% of trips? Yet everything is directed to that because these corrupt D’s are only all about power and control.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't hobbs want to make the tolls permanent and have the funds put into the general funds and some bs carbon tax too? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky racer said:

Tolls suck! Where's are tax dollars go? The war dept. and I went for a drive a couple Sundays ago and apparently got tolled from Tacoma to Bremerton! WTF I seen no signs warning of this! No I don't live around the big city so it was a surprise! Pretty bad when you cant drive on the roads we already pay for with out a extra fee! Its BULLSHIT period. TAX TAX TAX is all they want to do.

Reason number 51 to pay cash at toll booth (narrows bridge) for a good to go pass is suspect regarding your privacy and very likely will overcharge you and in this case simply made up a toll that doesn’t exist. The extra dollar or two or three is worth it to me. 

31 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Reason number 51 to pay cash at toll booth (narrows bridge) for a good to go pass is suspect regarding your privacy and very likely will overcharge you and in this case simply made up a toll that doesn’t exist. The extra dollar or two or three is worth it to me. 

$7 was the charge. Shoot we didn't even see any signs saying anything about tolls. On the way back I was like hey I wonder what that crap is over there hahahahaha It's hard to believe people can stand to live in the big city and put up with outrageous prices of everything! If I was trapped in that Sh#thole I would eat a bullet hahahaha 

22 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

$7 was the charge. Shoot we didn't even see any signs saying anything about tolls. On the way back I was like hey I wonder what that crap is over there hahahahaha It's hard to believe people can stand to live in the big city and put up with outrageous prices of everything! If I was trapped in that Sh#thole I would eat a bullet hahahaha 

Ah, that’s just the Tacoma narrows bridge toll. Lots of signs there indicating it’s a toll bridge. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Ah, that’s just the Tacoma narrows bridge toll. Lots of signs there indicating it’s a toll bridge. 

Shit I didn't see any and I just had my vision fixed with lasik hahahahahahaha Of coarse I get all antsy it the big city and start crawling outa my skin to get back home in the country ;) 

3 hours ago, Chuck. said:

As much as I dislike the Narrows Bridge tolls they have been there for a more than a few years, maybe a decade!

The addition of traffic lanes here has dramatically reduced congestion and lost time sitting in traffic. IMO. Way cheaper than a ferry.

As a motorcycle commuter, I love the 405 HOT lanes. I use them for free, and they're faster than the single carpool lane ever was. 

Now that I work DT, I wish I5 would do the same: the carpool lane rarely goes faster than the regular lanes anymore.

2 hours ago, jrodicus100 said:

As a motorcycle commuter, I love the 405 HOT lanes. I use them for free, and they're faster than the single carpool lane ever was. 

Now that I work DT, I wish I5 would do the same: the carpool lane rarely goes faster than the regular lanes anymore.

I wish they would just let me split lanes

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Slackkinhard said:

I wish they would just let me split lanes

I wish. I do it on rare occasion, like when there's a total standstill due to an accident, and man people get pissed. They keep trying to pass a bill to allow it, but the wench on the transportation committee never lets it see a floor vote.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vossman23 said:

If that's not blatant fraud I don't know what is. 

It's a state dominated by partisan politics.....logic has long since left the building. Not sure what to do about it, I don't think any civilization that ever existed on this rock had a solution. Hammurabi gave it a shot, didn't pan out in the long run :)

3 hours ago, vossman23 said:

If that's not blatant fraud I don't know what is. 

It's really ugly, and the current generation is more clueless than mine, which was more clueless than my parents. The war generation was a market correction, but the slide to hell seems inevitable.

As much as I hated living in CA, I have to say traveling on the freeways there (the LA area) seem to be somewhat better.... Not much, but somewhat. And as a commuting motorcycle rider, you can filter and get to where you are going in half the time it takes here..... The only tolls in CA are from private funded motorways (i.e. bonds and such).

• Like 2

Announced today, a bunch of traffic circle's on hyw 9.   I've seen that help in other places....up to the point of saturation...then signals become more efficient again. 

• Like 3