Is your dirtbike worth more than your vehicle you use to haul it?

I sold my sports car today and am heading out to buy myself a new Orange bike tomorrow.. It dawned on me that this KTM will be worth more than the 2002 Ranger XLT 4x4 I will be using to haul it... Do I have a problem? or is this normal?  :ride:

How many of you guys haul expensive bikes with an inexpensive truck?

• Like 2

Not even close. My Tahoe is almost 70k, and with 1 ktm, absolutely no where near that much.

Why on earth do you own a $70k Tahoe?  These high dollar pickups blow me away, totally unnecessary.  I wouldn't even pay that for a Raptor.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 10

Why on earth do you own a $70k Tahoe? These high dollar pickups blow me away, totally unnecessary. I wouldn't even pay that for a Raptor.

not like I customized it, it's brand new and if i were to get a truck, it would be a used raptor

It depends what truck I decided to drive. I've got a 92 ford ranger that the bike is most definitely worth more than the truck. Ive also got a 06 ranger fx4 that's worth more than the bike. I wouldn't worry about witch one is worth more as long as long as the truck gets from a to b reliably

• Like 2

I bought my current 1989 Chev Van II 6 years ago for $750.00. The guy I bought it off was my best customer (I'm now working for him). He has a fleet of vans and takes them all in regularly for oil changes etc and had just done a full brake job on it just before I bought. Other than tires, new muffler and a water pump, I do the regular maintenance and IMO the est deal I've ever gotten on a vehicle

V6, great on gas, heavy duty roof racks, it fits 2 dirt bikes and I have it some what set-up for sleeping in if needed. I like the fact that I can get bikes and anything I want to keep dry inside. I don't leave my bike in it for long periods of time BUT if I get a newer van, it woud have blacked out and secure windows (or no windows) in the back and a full partition between the front/back. Basically so you could not see anything in the back and as difficult as possible to get into the back.

Anyway I guess that's $10,000/$750.00 = 1 bike to 13.3 vehicles

Here's what a OLD van looks like where we still salt the roads in the winter.

20150702_162813_zpsx65zsgtt.jpg

Crappy shot of the inside ?

20150702_162835_zpsllux8vuc.jpg

Edited by filterx
  • Like 4

Not even close. My Tahoe is almost 70k, and with 1 ktm, absolutely no where near that much.

Why the hell does a 15yo have a 70k Tahoe? I mean I have a loaded Tahoe and priced a new one since mine has 500,000km or so on it now. New set up the exact same was 84,000cdn so I'm going used again.

Right now I would say the truck is worth the same as all the bikes combined.

Why the hell does a 15yo have a 70k Tahoe? I mean I have a loaded Tahoe and priced a new one since mine has 500,000km or so on it now. New set up the exact same was 84,000cdn so I'm going used again.

Right now I would say the truck is worth the same as all the bikes combined.

Why do I have a tahoe at the age of 15? I need a big car to haul the trailer carrying all the bikes

My truck is worth way more than my bikes, but that's not to say I would have a problem with hauling bikes in a shit wagon if it meant the difference between riding or not ?

P7090158_zpsd2fe352f.jpg

imagine going to the track with a old Volvo station wagon pulling a 2016 ktm on a trailer... That would make my day
  • Like 1

Why on earth do you own a $70k Tahoe?  These high dollar pickups blow me away, totally unnecessary.  I wouldn't even pay that for a Raptor.

Very few things are bought out of necessity:  Especially dirt bikes, no matter the price, totally unnecessary.

• Like 1