Tusk Impact hubs and spokes

They use OEM bearings. I'm running the complete wheel setup and have no problems. Adjusted the spokes and they haven't backed off at all yet. 30 hours.

Are you happy with the overall quality of the wheels? I'm thinking of getting a set.

They do break, and hub must have Tusk spokes. Extreme circumstance but Jake came up short on a big jump and broke 20 spokes and waffled the rim, hub held up fine.

Edited by JBFL

So what would you recommend?

I'd recommend the Tusk wheels, our wheel was an "extreme case" (literally). Rear wheel hit the top 2' of the jump face, it was a table table about 75', his face smashed the cross bar pad is how hard it hit. I just re-ordered the Tusk rim and spokes to go back on the same hub, that's how confident I am in them.

I'd recommend the Tusk wheels, our wheel was an "extreme case" (literally). Rear wheel hit the top 2' of the jump face, it was a table table about 75', his face smashed the cross bar pad is how hard it hit. I just re-ordered the Tusk rim and spokes to go back on the same hub, that's how confident I am in them.

Awesome I thought the price was too good to be true but apparently not! Thanks ya'll.

You may need the spacers too if it didn't come with them. I have a set of the wheels and if I remember correct they have the 4 stroke rear axle size bearing. My wheels came with 2 sets of spacers, one for 22 and one for 25 axle. At least I think that is the sizes of the rears, but there are differences.

You may need the spacers too if it didn't come with them. I have a set of the wheels and if I remember correct they have the 4 stroke rear axle size bearing. My wheels came with 2 sets of spacers, one for 22 and one for 25 axle. At least I think that is the sizes of the rears, but there are differences.

I've received the rear hub and spokes so far and it did come with spacers on each side. Unfortunately I also found out one of the aluminum spoke nipple's was cross threaded so I'm waiting to hear back from RM as to weather or not I can get you a replacement nipple from them.

I didnt have much faith in cheap wheels.... at first. Local track I ride, a good friend of mine kyle is there 3-4 times a week he is mid pack expert class and has a tusk set on his yz250. He is straight up a destroyer he rides hard and often. The bearings in the the impacts didnt last long, but the wheels have proved tobe bomb proof. check out his instrgram he has a sick yz250 and some pretty sweet videos.

https://instagram.com/thrillbilly661/

Well I just finished up my Tusk hub's and spokes build on my stock rims and I'm pleased with the results. The rear hub came with spacer's and front did not so I reused stock front spacer's. I only needed to buy a new shorter set of rear disk brake flange bolts 6 of them because the Tusk hub is thinner where the rotor blots to. I also decided to install my Bridgestone Battle Cross X-30's while I was going through so much trouble. I hope to ride today or tomorrow.1437158192781.jpg1437158129630.jpgIMG_20150717_140811.jpgIMG_20150717_140717.jpgIMG_20150717_140811.jpgIMG_20150717_140811.jpgIMG_20150717_140824.jpg

IMG_20150717_140758.jpg

Edited by nicko-31

I have a set of Tusk hubs/spokes/rims on my kx450. Dont have any experience with them on my YZ so i cant comment on spacer stuff however this is my thoughts.

I bought everything separate so that I could end up with black spokes, and I built them myself.  After a practice day, a morning practice and 2 motos on the wheels, they held up fine. Snugged tthe spokes up as they broke in, and have another race day on them. Only thing is that the black coating on the spokes flakes/scratches really easily. Just sliding them through the hub if you arent careful will wipe the black off.  I havent really ridden anything rocky yet and they are starting to lose the coating. I'd stick with the silver spokes and stay away from the coated ones. Other than that they've held up great. Might even build/buy a rear wheel so i have a spare wheel for the back of the YZ.

I have experience with bicycle wheel's and when one comes out of true it's most often the results of improper tenction on a group of spokes that will pull the rim after riding even without a big hit