Washington Private Tracks - North Bend

This may fall on deaf ears, but -

I work as an engineer in North Bend, and I'm certain there are folks out here with private mx tracks / trails on their property. Whether or not they watch these boards is anyone's guess. I would be more than happy to sign a waiver and throw some cash (or work, etc) towards anyone willing to let me ride their track. Issaquah, Snoqualmie, North Bend, basically anywhere I could get to after work on my way back to Seattle. 

Please PM me if you are willing, I really appreciate it.

Edited by JohnXKennedy

Man i have the same problem! Finding a place to ride close to snoqualmie/north bend would be awesome!

This may fall on deaf ears, but -

I work as an engineer in North Bend, and I'm certain there are folks out here with private mx tracks / trails on their property. Whether or not they watch these boards is anyone's guess. I would be more than happy to sign a waiver and throw some cash (or work, etc) towards anyone willing to let me ride their track. Issaquah, Snoqualmie, North Bend, basically anywhere I could get to after work on my way back to Seattle.

Please PM me if you are willing, I really appreciate it.

There are some trails off 34 and 38 in NB. Not the most technical, but stuff that will get you out on the bike. I live in Seattle and ride Monroe area a lot. Best stuff that I have found that's relatively close

*none of what I mentioned is MX

Edited by NW_drZ

After reading this little piece i think its better not to ever attempt riding anything other that a registered bike on a national forest roads: http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/mbs/recreation/ohv/?recid=17520&actid=93

I would obviously prefer to ride on private property with the owners permission. Its still good to know more local spots though. 

Man i have the same problem! Finding a place to ride close to snoqualmie/north bend would be awesome!

Same here.  So far, haven't even spotted a private track in the area.

I'm in the same boat. Moved to North Bend two years ago from SoCal. Would love to know of a private EX track or some single track loops or even a place to ride trials on private land (most likely place would be around Fall City near Tokul as there isn't a lot of private land in North Bend).

Like the OP, I'd be willing to sign waiver, help build trails, work on the track, etc.

Frankly, my read is that since the Snoqualmie Valley is in King county and close to the Redmond/Bellevue mess, it's too "on the radar" as far as private property goes.

The land is worth too much for a guy to just have 30 acres laying around with trails and a track sitting on it.

Edited by ThunderChicken

Glad to know I'm not the only one looking for trails / track out in this area. As mentioned, an EX course, MX track, or single track, anything at all in the area would be great. Seems like you really have to know someone who knows someone in this part of the state, or you're stuck driving 1.5-3 hours for a ride.

Before starting a new thread, figured I'd jump on the end of this. Also living in Snoqualmie and driving 2hrs to get to a track.

Also seeking access to a Private MX Track around North Bend area (really anything with in 1hr of Snoqualmie would be fantastic)

I'm most happy swing a shovel, operate machinery, pay money/contribute to a fund....

Please drop me a message, I'm very keen to find somewhere that isn't 2hrs away for myself and my two kids to travel for a ride.

Who has buddies at Dirtfish? They could easily wind some singletrack around all that property

4 hours ago, Jon_K said:

Who has buddies at Dirtfish? They could easily wind some singletrack around all that property

Never gonna happen. Adjacent to that land next year they are building a Woddeninville style winery village where there will be dozens of wine shops. They would NEVER allow dirt bikers near that 

11 hours ago, Engstrom said:

Never gonna happen. Adjacent to that land next year they are building a Woddeninville style winery village where there will be dozens of wine shops. They would NEVER allow dirt bikers near that 

You're probably right, but isn't that all private property? How would the winery have any control over that?
And they're already ripping around the same area in full blown race cars on a regular basis :thumbsup:

That would be a pretty cool combo! A rally school combined with an enduro school :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCahill said:

You're probably right, but isn't that all private property? How would the winery have any control over that?
And they're already ripping around the same area in full blown race cars on a regular basis :thumbsup:

That would be a pretty cool combo! A rally school combined with an enduro school :rolleyes:

Believe it or not about ten years or so there was singletrack with switchbacks going up of the one side of mount si that was exclusively for dirt bikes and built by dirt bikers. Over by Kens truck town side. All on private property. Then the owner showed up with his family(he never did that in past). His wife I guess had a kanip about dirt bikes riding on her precious land and he told the caretaker who was building the singletrack to promptly stop. To this day his shovels and rakes etc are all up there still. He was envisioning something like the Shelton drit bike riders club where you paid to ride some ST close. Theres so much land around the back side of Mt Si. If we had just a fraction of that...

• Like 1

I talked to the Dirtfish peeps a few years ago at the D100 about setting up some single track and a motocross track on their property and they laughed. They knew better. They agreed it would be awesome but that it would never happen. They said they have been working for years to be good neighbors and they would never consider allowing dirt bikes on the property. I lobbied them pretty hard but they knew better.

I have to say, I agree with them. They have an amazing thing going, no reason to open a gigantic can of worms by allowing dirt bikes on the property.

A shame, but you can't argue with their logic and track record of success there.

Now, who is going to step up to the plate and get a Shelton dirt bike riders club type thing going on the 15,000+ acres of land between Snoqualmie and Monroe? Mix of DNR, private logging (can't remember who the current owner is, used to be Weyerhouser), and some private property sprinkled in. Markworth Block, Stossel Creek, North Fork, Cedar Ponds, etc, etc, etc...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woods_Rider said:

I talked to the Dirtfish peeps a few years ago at the D100 about setting up some single track and a motocross track on their property and they laughed. They knew better. They agreed it would be awesome but that it would never happen. They said they have been working for years to be good neighbors and they would never consider allowing dirt bikes on the property. I lobbied them pretty hard but they knew better.

I have to say, I agree with them. They have an amazing thing going, no reason to open a gigantic can of worms by allowing dirt bikes on the property.

A shame, but you can't argue with their logic and track record of success there.

Now, who is going to step up to the plate and get a Shelton dirt bike riders club type thing going on the 15,000+ acres of land between Snoqualmie and Monroe? Mix of DNR, private logging (can't remember who the current owner is, used to be Weyerhouser), and some private property sprinkled in. Markworth Block, Stossel Creek, North Fork, Cedar Ponds, etc, etc, etc...

Cambell Global owns all that awesome prop from 2 to North Bend on both sides of the NFork road. Somehow Tokul was ok with them for Mt Bikes.

Any idea how Shelton came about other than just asking? Do they pay rent or own some of that land?

24 minutes ago, Jon_K said:

Any idea how Shelton came about other than just asking? Do they pay rent or own some of that land?

My understanding is it's a bit of a symbiotic relationship between them and the land owner (timber company)
It gives the riders a near limitless playground (with some reasonable rules) while the timber company gets free security who are there regularly and report any mischievous activity.
Not to mention the regular work parties who do trail work and clean up trash.

@TigerTanker has been posting about it, (and some of the awesome work they've been doing) so I'm sure he could enlighten us!

I'd like to join but haven't figured out how actually go about doing that!
Word on the street is you have to call the guy heading it up John Eaton and ask?

It it works out the way it has so far, it'll be an awesome template for doing the same thing with other areas.
There are vast amounts of privately owned timer land here in the PNW! Just think of the possibilities that could happen when you don't have to bow to the DNR!
(licensing, silly trail building requirements, noise ordinances, you name it.)

And above all else, the fact that it's private and requires a key to get in, you can all but guarantee if you come across another rider, they'll be a decent human being you can trust.

Edited by MCahill
  • Like 1

I’m planning on building ssss in the south sound area and west cascades. I wanna build and be left the f alone. The only way to do that is off record. I know two places I can do it without bugging any land owners. 

I will let a select few help me and enjoy riding some hard/extreme enduro.  

4 hours ago, Jon_K said:

Cambell Global owns all that awesome prop from 2 to North Bend on both sides of the NFork road. Somehow Tokul was ok with them for Mt Bikes.

I am more than willing to put the effort into getting a collective going and approaching the land owner(s) with a proposal. While I really enjoy riding at Riverdale Raceway its 2+ hrs away and costing my $90 p/d to ride with my kids, I'm super keen to get something going locally, again happy to operate machinery, swing a shovel, do other maintenance, etc, whatever it takes.

Where do we start people?

• Like 1