Sign in to follow this  

Washington Riding in the Spokane area

We're going to be over in the Spokane area next weekend and wanted to know where the best place to ride is. I saw the 7 mile/Riverside area and wondered if that was the best/only place to ride around there.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

If you plan on crossing into Idaho, this year's fire season is no joke. Fire restrictions will be upgraded to Stage 2 at midnight on Monday. Spark arrester, shovel, helmet, common sence is mandatory. Chain saw use, even for trail clearing is highly frowned upon, especially between 1pm and 1am. Stay on designated trails and please be careful.

• Like 1

If you plan on crossing into Idaho, this year's fire season is no joke. Fire restrictions will be upgraded to Stage 2 at midnight on Monday. Spark arrester, shovel, helmet, common sence is mandatory. Chain saw use, even for trail clearing is highly frowned upon, especially between 1pm and 1am. Stay on designated trails and please be careful.

Wow, I need to carry a shovel? I don't even own a portable shovel.

Right now, the plan was to go to Silverwood on Thursday and Friday and go riding somewhere around Spokane on Saturday.

If you aren't a dingus there is fantastic riding very, very close to Silverwood without much for fire danger IMO. If you need to stay within Spokane proper-ish, 7-mile is basically a very big 600 acre (but still pretty fun) pit. Near Spokane is also the Liberty Lake park, which is a bit smaller, but better riding. 7 mile will attract all the spodes, quads, and dune buggies/4x4s, LL not so much almost all bikes. Nothing special to either of these places, but fun can be had. I'll be at one of the two "not special" places this week, but only because my wife is 9 1/2 months pregnant and I need to stay in cell range.

Edited by Wonderspoon
  • Like 1

If you aren't a dingus there is fantastic riding very, very close to Silverwood without much for fire danger IMO. If you need to stay within Spokane proper-ish, 7-mile is basically a very big 600 acre (but still pretty fun) pit. Near Spokane is also the Liberty Lake park, which is a bit smaller, but better riding. 7 mile will attract all the spodes, quads, and dune buggies/4x4s, LL not so much almost all bikes. Nothing special to either of these places, but fun can be had. I'll be at one of the two "not special" places this week, but only because my wife is 9 1/2 months pregnant and I need to stay in cell range.

Not a requirement to be in Spokane, but do have an RV space reserved north of Spokane already. Could always cancel that and go near Silverwood if we can find a spot to park the trailer. What is the area that is near Silverwood called?

Independence Creek trail system. About 12 miles up the Bunco road is the start of independence Creek, with several trails sprouting off of it

If you go to indy, check that you have specific directions. There are a few turns to navigate.

There is also canfield and fernan to ride. I would recommend fernan over canfield

Well, I never got to ride any of these areas because we had to go home early. Family emergency and all that. I'll be back next month though and will check out some of these spots.

Hope all is well. Send a note when the time comes. Maybe I can sneak out*

*Lol, yeah right

• Like 1

Also check out bady bould and beaver creek lodge. Those are the best trails in the pnw

Any motor cross tracks? I'm heading up to visit my dad soon, he lives in Spokane Valley. Cheers.

Yes in airway heights there is an mx track. I think airwaymxp.com is the website

Also check out bady bould and beaver creek lodge. Those are the best trails I have ridden in the pnw

Fixt it for ya.

• Like 1

Little Pend O'reille (where the lodge is) is a really nice riding area, but its a trek from Spokane compared to some of the other areas mentioned.  I rarely make it up that way as a result (and frankly, I think there is far better, unmentioned stuff out there that you would need a guide for)  It also got pummelled by the last wind storm, which is why I didn't recommend it this last weekend.  By next month, the badasses will probably have it cleared.  You can connect Batey  Bould, which stages much closer to Spokane, to LPO, stop for a burger and brew at the lodge, and come back.  Its a legit 75 mile singletrack day, and you will be tired at the end.  Batey Bould is a lot of ruts, roots and rocks these days.  The trails are somewhat like Walker Valley if you've been there, but it covers a much larger area.  The LPO side is a bit less intense.  I would not recommend getting gas at the lodge after last summer when my riding buddy and I filled up our tanks with about a quart of water each there.

I believe the lodge put in new tanks at the end of the year last year when the new owners took over. They now carry ethanol free premium. We filled up earlier this summer and had no issues. The E free is the same price as it is in Spokane and Deer Park too. The forest is on stage 3 fire restrictions, so we can't cut trail as of right now. Reports are about 12 trees per mile on average, but there is much heavier devastation in pockets near the west end do of the system.

I believe the lodge put in new tanks at the end of the year last year when the new owners took over. They now carry ethanol free premium. We filled up earlier this summer and had no issues. The E free is the same price as it is in Spokane and Deer Park too. The forest is on stage 3 fire restrictions, so we can't cut trail as of right now. Reports are about 12 trees per mile on average, but there is much heavier devastation in pockets near the west end do of the system.

Get yer handsaw out Forsberg! My apologies to the Beaver creek lodge if the new owners put in new tanks. Hate to negatively affect anyone's business without reason.