Sign in to follow this  

Check out the NEW GMC 1500!

You can do two bikes in the back with the tailgate up with a 6.5 foot bed, when you load the bikes put them as far to the outside of the bed as possible then take the front tires and turn them in so the front tires are resting against each other and strap them in. Then pick up the back end of the bikes and scoot them out to outside edge of the bed and you should be able to close the tailgate no problem.

Have any pics of this? I seached the web and couldn't find any pics. A 6 1/2 foot bed would be fine if I can squeeze 2 bikes in with gate up to tow. I also think Monk is dead on with the number code on the door when it comes to riding and hiking.

• Like 1

Have any pics of this? I seached the web and couldn't find any pics. A 6 1/2 foot bed would be fine if I can squeeze 2 bikes in with gate up to tow. I also think Monk is dead on with the number code on the door when it comes to riding and hiking.

I unfortunately don't have any pics handy, I looked on Google as well but didn't see anything that fit what I was trying to describe

so I only have one bike to try and illustrate it with but i loaded mine up just how you would load the first bike when trying to fit two in to try and give you some idea of how to do it. 

2A2998E7-841E-4226-B7DF-8FC486C8E9BA.jpg

37775e54-1859-4d57-befb-137f1112140f.jpg

Edited by BIGBLUEKNIGHT
  • Like 2

My friend had GMC buy back his 14 1500 5.3 because of the shudder problem that GM could not diagnose. He purchased  a new 150 5.0 since. He really would rather

have the GMC but can't tow with it without the annoying shudder while under a load. I loved my 04 5.3 but would probably stay away now.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-1

My friend had GMC buy back his 14 1500 5.3 because of the shudder problem that GM could not diagnose. He purchased  a new 150 5.0 since. He really would rather

have the GMC but can't tow with it without the annoying shudder while under a load. I loved my 04 5.3 but would probably stay away now.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-1

I spend a fair bit of time on a couple of ford truck forums and have seen quite a few threads on a  similar issue come up in f-150's. most guys have been able to get the issue sorted out by the dealer but some took longer than others to diagnose the cause and fix it. I haven't read of anyone having to do a buy back from ford yet, good news for your friend I guess is the majority of the guys that have issues had ecoboosts but that could just be due to there being more ecoboost's than 5.0's out there. 

All the manufacturers produce trucks with issues my 2015 F150 is no exception.  On transfer case number 2 and number 3 is now needed or else there is a different matter going on the dealer has yet to find.  I have to assume it is the latter as both transfer cases have given me issues in the first 1,000 miles or either the whole truck being brand new or within 1,000 miles of having the second transfer case installed.

Get whichever one you want.  If you get the "other one" and have still have issues you'll never forgive yourself.

• Like 1

All the manufacturers produce trucks with issues my 2015 F150 is no exception.  On transfer case number 2 and number 3 is now needed or else there is a different matter going on the dealer has yet to find.  I have to assume it is the latter as both transfer cases have given me issues in the first 1,000 miles or either the whole truck being brand new or within 1,000 miles of having the second transfer case installed.

Get whichever one you want.  If you get the "other one" and have still have issues you'll never forgive yourself.

Sounds like a prime candidate for a lemon law.

Sounds like a prime candidate for a lemon law.

I need three repair attempts or 30 days in the shop.  I am keeping track of this; believe me.

NC

It's electric as in no power steering pump. I have a 2011 and the steering is awesome. Butter smooth.

I actually work for one of the suppliers who makes electric steering.  I have worked on both hydraulic and electric systems.  I am currently involved in trying to reduce NVH and friction issues with our EPS.  I can say this, the EPS systems can be made to provide steering feel that a HPS could never provide, but the problem right now is EPS systems have about 3 times the warranty take over a HPS system.  Most of the problems tend to be software issues that cause the steering to fail.  From a mechanical point of view, they tend to be very robust.  Problem with software is that most of it is done by people from India who are clueless about automobiles in general.  Smart people, but no automotive background.  All half tons now use EPS and Nexteer (Saginaw Steering for the old guys) provides all the current truck stuff.  Hydraulic systems are still used on the 3/4 and full ton models as EPS systems right now cannot muster enough rack force.  The reason for the EPS systems is because they provide about 0.5mpg increase over HPS.  By the way, an EPS system is about 1.5 times more expensive than HPS.

• Like 1

I actually work for one of the suppliers who makes electric steering.  I have worked on both hydraulic and electric systems.  I am currently involved in trying to reduce NVH and friction issues with our EPS.  I can say this, the EPS systems can be made to provide steering feel that a HPS could never provide, but the problem right now is EPS systems have about 3 times the warranty take over a HPS system.  Most of the problems tend to be software issues that cause the steering to fail.  From a mechanical point of view, they tend to be very robust.  Problem with software is that most of it is done by people from India who are clueless about automobiles in general.  Smart people, but no automotive background.  All half tons now use EPS and Nexteer (Saginaw Steering for the old guys) provides all the current truck stuff.  Hydraulic systems are still used on the 3/4 and full ton models as EPS systems right now cannot muster enough rack force.  The reason for the EPS systems is because they provide about 0.5mpg increase over HPS.  By the way, an EPS system is about 1.5 times more expensive than HPS.

Lots of great reasons there to avoid EPS. Thanks.

My brand new ram 2500 ended up having a bent frame from factory. Would always pull to the right. They couldn't fix it so they bought it back. I ended up buying a 3500 laramie cummins.

My brand new ram 2500 ended up having a bent frame from factory. Would always pull to the right. They couldn't fix it so they bought it back. I ended up buying a 3500 laramie cummins.

You must really like Dodge.

You must really like Dodge.

ehh, probably won't be my first pick for my next truck. Just got a smokin' deal on it. I was gonna go for a f350 lariat 2014 but this cummins was too good of a deal to pass up.

ehh, probably won't be my first pick for my next truck. Just got a smokin' deal on it. I was gonna go for a f350 lariat 2014 but this cummins was too good of a deal to pass up.

Well I hope you have better luck with it.
  • Like 1

My 01 Tahoe and my wife's 08 Yukon with the 5.3 will do 21 doing the same. Helps to not use cruise control. Removing the cross bars on the roof rack added one mpg, they really create a drag.

• Like 1

My 01 Tahoe and my wife's 08 Yukon with the 5.3 will do 21 doing the same. Helps to not use cruise control. Removing the cross bars on the roof rack added one mpg, they really create a drag.

That's the overall average over hundreds of miles though, not just freeway.