2000 KX 250 Won't Start

I recently bought a 2000 KX 250. It was freshly rebuilt, both top and bottom ends. I took it for about a 30 mile ride just after buying it. Ran the carb dry after washing it and put it away. Decided to start fixing it up and over the past month I installed a new Boyesen water pump, clutch and mag covers. re packed the pipe, put on a Clarke desert tank, and a bunch of other cosmetic stuff. So I have a ride planned next weekend and go to start it and it won't even try to start. I took the carb apart, cleaned it and put a new plug in and nothing. Seemed to have good spark however I bought a new coil and a carb rebuild kit. Changed the main jet, pilot jet, air screw, needle and float jet. Set the air screw at 2 turns out. Once again nothing. I check the spark last night in the dark and it is blue and seems strong. I am stumped. Thoughts????

How's the compression? Check and see if the top end gaskets are in good condition. Did you rebuild it or a shop. Pull the head off and check the piston,rings and cylinder condition. I had an RM 125 that run one day and not the next. Did all the checks and pulled the head and found the cylinder with a deep groove. Check the flywheel for loosening and woodruff key.

Edited by WR250F

After checking the compression and everything else suggested I brought the carb and had it dipped in a ultra sonic tank. Blew it out with compressed air and the thing started on the first kick. I really thought I had cleaned it thoroughly however that wasn't the case. Thank you for the tips. This was a great learning experience.