Sign in to follow this  

RR headlight dead

Hi there, I ran into this problem, and will continue to troubleshoot tomorrow,but maybe someone has run into this before.

The bike was standing for a while, and before standing the headlight worked just fine.

Today, I got on and realised that the brights idiot light is on, but switching it to dim didn't get rid of the light. I then realised that the headlight wasn't working at all, no brights, no dim.

I then unplugged the switchgear to see if the switch is faulty, but even with the switches unplugged, the idiot light still stayed on, but no headlight. Switch is fine.

So long story short, headlight doesn't work, and brights idiot light stays on, regardless of the switch gear being connected or not.

Any advice will be appreciated

Hi there, I ran into this problem, and will continue to troubleshoot tomorrow,but maybe someone has run into this before.

The bike was standing for a while, and before standing the headlight worked just fine.

Today, I got on and realised that the brights idiot light is on, but switching it to dim didn't get rid of the light. I then realised that the headlight wasn't working at all, no brights, no dim.

I then unplugged the switchgear to see if the switch is faulty, but even with the switches unplugged, the idiot light still stayed on, but no headlight. Switch is fine.

So long story short, headlight doesn't work, and brights idiot light stays on, regardless of the switch gear being connected or not.

Any advice will be appreciated

I would start with seeing if the bulb is burned out.

I would start with seeing if the bulb is burned out.

Thanks, I should have mentioned that I did check the bulb.

I found the issue, the middle wire (ground) of the headlight plug had broken off in the plug connecting the headlight wiring to the loom. It wasn't obvious as it was still in place, but after inspecting all the plugs, I came across it and it was a quick fix.

• Like 1