beta xtrainer expansion chamber cracked

Well it has about 35 hours on it and has an aluminum gaurd.... It has hit some things with my wife on it... That being said I don't know how tough it is.... It never dented but it bent back into the coolant pump.... then it is cracking above the welded seams which is wierd... I pm'd Moto 9 asking him about getting a cage because it looks like this chamber is not going to be easy to find. I have had a couple fmf pipes crack in the past on the seams but this is different...

I have a moto9 (dkracing) pipe cage. While installing it, I had some great conversations with him. The characterization that the metal used for this pipe being "paper thin" is not an exaggeration. It is by far the thinnest gauge metal I've ever seen on a pipe. The PC and FMF pipes I used on my KDX220 were "beefy" in comparison. This is one of the reasons I went with a pipe cage to begin with and I'm glad I did. That being said, unless your pipe is in perfect, unbent condition, the pipe cage he makes may not fit your already deformed pipe.

100_0876.JPG

• Like 1

I have a moto9 (dkracing) pipe cage. While installing it, I had some great conversations with him. The characterization that the metal used for this pipe being "paper thin" is not an exaggeration. It is by far the thinnest gauge metal I've ever seen on a pipe. The PC and FMF pipes I used on my KDX220 were "beefy" in comparison. This is one of the reasons I went with a pipe cage to begin with and I'm glad I did. That being said, unless your pipe is in perfect, unbent condition, the pipe cage he makes may not fit your already deformed pipe.

Wow, your bike looks way too nice to get dirty!

Have you ridden it yet?

• Like 1

So the chamber is toast... and cracked.... Will a 300rr exaust work on an xtrainer... Does anyone know where to buy a replacement if not?

I haven't heard where someone actually put a 300 rr pipe on there.. but I would think it would.. but don't know how much bigger the pipe might be.. it's been talked about but the thing is to put an actual rr pipe on there to see. It might be great.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I just installed my EE skid plate & dkracing pipe cage.. All I can say is wow!! Both items are awesome (thanks moto9).. My philosophy is the same as Kelly Kim which is "take care of it before".. Also since this bike is so brand new are replacement pipes even available?? Hopefully FMF will offer a "Gnarly" for it soon..

• Like 1