Need some truck Highway Tires...recommendations?

Looking for rear highway tires.  Current tire is a Hankook Dynapro AS 265/75R16 Outlined White Letter.

Got them at separate times so the fronts are good but the backs need replaced. The problem is they

don't make the AS anymore and the Dynapro HT is only blackwall lettering.

I was looking for another brand of the highway tire.  Don't need to spend a lot as the truck gets less than

2500 miles a year on it but it needs to be load range E.  Towing a 26' Toyhauler with a 2002 F350 Super

Duty (single rear wheels).

Was looking at the $150 and under range:

Cooper Discoverer H/T

Definity Dakota H/T (Pep Boys brand)

General Grabber HTS

Firestone Transforce HT

Any recommendations?  :thinking:

• 5 years later...

Looking tires for my 2016 Toyota Tacoma 2wd sr access cab truck.  Looking at cooper and Michelin.  Had the Michelin on my 2500 and they were great but dont know if I should try something different that's a little less money.  Any help is appreciated. Screenshot_20201014-221738_Google.thumb.jpg.d6b17e06448d3b6d33a8da8aee573d4f.jpgScreenshot_20201014-221535_Google.thumb.jpg.f96ae11c9bcfa44daa7065c487ef278d.jpg

Edited by Edgecombe

12 hours ago, Edgecombe said:

Looking tires for my 2016 Toyota Tacoma 2wd sr access cab truck.  Looking at cooper and Michelin.  Had the Michelin on my 2500 and they were great but dont know if I should try something different that's a little less money.  Any help is appreciated. Screenshot_20201014-221738_Google.thumb.jpg.d6b17e06448d3b6d33a8da8aee573d4f.jpgScreenshot_20201014-221535_Google.thumb.jpg.f96ae11c9bcfa44daa7065c487ef278d.jpg

The LTX tires all suck except the LTX A/T2.   Never seen a tire struggle so much on damp grass.    Discount Tire has to match any online price, I’ve gotten my last 3-4sets from them and when they rotate the tire they actually include new valves stems for free. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I've had the LTX M/S on my F150 for 50k miles now.  They look like they could last nearly another 50k miles; normally when I ran All Terrains I'd be needing to replace my tires at this point.  Dry traction is still incredible, rain traction is almost as good as ever.  Last time they were in snow they did great, which would have been at the 45k mark since I've driven so little this year due to covid.  They do fine on off-road trails when it's dry, and personally I haven't had a problem in wet grass like kxlubber has.  They will clog very quickly in mud, and spinning the tires fast didn't clean them out (and that also didn't quickly dig me deeper like a more aggressive tire would have).  But they aren't meant as an off-road tire so I can't really knock them for that.

• Like 1

The LTX has to be one of the smoothest, quietest highway tires I've had. But, as it was pointed out, fugly.  Not that I'm all about looks, but I have at least some standards. ? I ran some Cooper AT3 on my Tahoe and was impressed with their wet weather handling. I beat the snot out of them (I tend to corner on the faster side) and still got over 50k. They did get slightly louder when worn, but nothing annoying. Given their nice price point and the coupons that discounttiredirect pumps out, almost impossible to beat the overall deal. Unlike the LXT, they actually look pretty nice to boot.

image.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

The LTX has to be one of the smoothest, quietest highway tires I've had. But, as it was pointed out, fugly.  Not that I'm all about looks, but I have at least some standards. ? I ran some Cooper AT3 on my Tahoe and was impressed with their wet weather handling. I beat the snot out of them (I tend to corner on the faster side) and still got over 50k. They did get slightly louder when worn, but nothing annoying. Given their nice price point and the coupons that discounttiredirect pumps out, almost impossible to beat the overall deal. Unlike the LXT, they actually look pretty nice to boot.

image.png

I’ve had the Coopers and they were solid, also made in USA.  Only grip is that they are squirmy and tend to follow the road until they get some miles into them. 

On 10/14/2020 at 8:26 PM, Edgecombe said:

The HT3 has done well for me, 2500HD towing a 12,000# trailer. Decent in dirt, hard wear on the highway. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:27 PM, Bryan II said:

image.png

I just had a brand new set of these mounted to my Ram 2500 today! They've had great reviews from others.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...