Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400sm - Using E exhaust on SM Bike

Hi guys, 

I'm wanting to bin my stock exhaust system on my DRZ400sm '09. I had a mate with a drz400e that had a DEP S3 exhaust he gave to me. Now i found out that the pipe diameters between the SM and E are different, my question is would a E header fit on a SM bike. Are they both got the same diameter at the engine exhaust point.

I'm aware that the muffler section wont line up with the mounting point on the frame, but i'll be able to make a link to sure up the difference. 

Hi guys, 

I'm wanting to bin my stock exhaust system on my DRZ400sm '09. I had a mate with a drz400e that had a DEP S3 exhaust he gave to me. Now i found out that the pipe diameters between the SM and E are different, my question is would a E header fit on a SM bike. Are they both got the same diameter at the engine exhaust point.

I'm aware that the muffler section wont line up with the mounting point on the frame, but i'll be able to make a link to sure up the difference. 

Pairing the muffler to an E header pipe will fit the head just fine, and mounts fine at the rear most mounting, but mine didn't line up where it mounts to the SM passenger foot pegs. No biggy, I just made an adapter plate from some scrap metal.

Remember to also rejet the carb and do the 3x3 air box mod if you haven't already done it, else you'll be running way lean and it wont reach full potential.

EDIT: There is a very healthy DRZ400 specific section here on TT, you'll get PLENTY of help and replies there.

Edited by genR8r