2012 CRF 250x

The stock 250X has a good power band for torque.

Anything modifications you make to increase power, will make the hp go up, but not the torque, so it will seem as though it has less bottom end, but it's an illusion.

Uncorking and rejetting is the best mod you can make, and retain the stock kind of power band (not peaky).

If you start bolting on cams and HC pistons and stuff, it will make it faster, but harder to ride.

Are you trying to short shift for traction?

The 250X is a tough motor to get a  increased amount of wide power band out of without doing a lot of work: porting and hot cam stage one with full uncorking is the ticket for trail riding, and a full R conversion for racing.

I'm an experienced rider and use 3rd &4th gear most of the time. 1st & 2nd are way to low. I used to ride a 450r but am getting older 48 so I went to a 250x. With the mods I've done so far (JDJetting kit, smog removed, exhaust modified and pink wire mod) it has plenty of top end but not much bottom end power. I have not changed to a taller rear sprockets yet. I put on a twin air filter the other day it helped a little and wanted to know if the loud mouth would help even more. Thanks for your help.