KTM keys to the moto

Seriously, who writes these, they are awful...I don't remember them being this bad last season

Yeah, I'm waiting for:

- Gas up the bike

- Get to the line on time

- Twist the throttle as soon as the gate drops

:banghead:

• Like 3

Seriously, who writes these, they are awful...I don't remember them being this bad last season

Unfortunately, it's more attempt at mainstreaming and commercializing MX.

Try to put some sort of crap "tips" in there for the great unwashed to think they are "in on it", and give an advertisement at the same time.     

Put your helmet on

kick the bike over

shut off the choke

push bike through the pits NO RIDING

Pick a clothes pin out of the bucket

Try to pick # 1!

In that case, they should have disqualified Dungey at Southwick a few years ago.  His mechanic was riding way too fast in the pits! 🤣

• Like 1

"Be in first place crossing the finish line on the last lap."

Nothing more to say.   Other than the hole shot check, nothing else matters, other being the best finishing loser for the podium and points.

Seeing "Get a good start." every single week tells me there is a problem with motocross.  

You get a good start or hope for a better start in the next moto (which might be next week).

Supercross was even worse.  I looked at the first lap vs winning.   Other than the odd week when Trey Canard went from 10th to first, a statistical flier, almost every race was won by a rider in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on the first lap.

• 2 weeks later...

Being the expert genius I am, I'm going for:

KTM

Get a good start

Ride slightly faster than everyone else

Don't crash

KTP (Keys To the Podium - after observing the above.)

Don't cry

Don't forget to keep the Bible Belt happy

Finish each sentence

• Like 2

If they are trying to attract more people why not have them make more sense and give people info about the sport/track...

How about Unadilla

1: Avoid the rocks 

"Unadilla is notorious for rocky roost, even a small rock coming at you can break your finger right on the bars"

2: Find your lines

"The track has help up well today, these riders will be searching the many different line options throughout the day to find the quickest way around"

3: Hold the pace

"With dry conditions and multiple line selections expect to see the top guys running a fast pace, this should be some great racing!"

Can I get a job?

• Like 3

If they are trying to attract more people why not have them make more sense and give people info about the sport/track...

How about Unadilla

1: Avoid the rocks

"Unadilla is notorious for rocky roost, even a small rock coming at you can break your finger right on the bars"

2: Find your lines

"The track has help up well today, these riders will be searching the many different line options throughout the day to find the quickest way around"

3: Hold the pace

"With dry conditions and multiple line selections expect to see the top guys running a fast pace, this should be some great racing!"

Can I get a job?

I would love if they were track-specific

Their little Keys to the Moto is still not as bad as the stupid 15 minute milestone commercial.  Mid battle they have to throw in the, "HALFWAY POINT IN THE MOTO.....15 MINUTES DOWN, 15 TO GO.....HEY, GRANT, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS?????" 

I know they get paid to be a walking, talking Geico commercial, but c'mon.....irritating.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Screw geico (General electric ins. Co.) they(ge) had to sell that off because all the lazy union workers weren't producing.

Had an idiot plow into my 9 month old truck last year. He had geico. He would answer his phone geico told me to beat off! I sent a cop to his house to get my money.

• Like 1