Valley Dirt Riders

Heard they were closing in the next couple weeks from more than one source. VDR Staff hasn't responded as of yet. Anyone have more info from the horses mouth? VDRTerry?

I heard the property has been sold and closing in October. I heard it from a guy who knows a guy. lol. Hope its not true.

I've been in contact with one of my "Super Senior" regulars at the Fall-Winter-Spring Hare Scrambles, who talked with Pete and Sue, and he confirmed the sale of the property and the closing of the facility in two weeks. Their Facebook Page indicates the business is "permanently closed"

The VDR Hotline as of August 1st states the track is still open.

I'm certainly going to miss the series... I've been racing there since the late 1990's, and was looking forward to getting going again in September.

Edited by Grinstead_77G
  • Like 1

Coming soon:

The Berthoud Mega-outlet-mall. (or some other large development)

Unless the developer decides on high density urban housing instead. Sad to see, but can't say it surprises me. Freeway frontage real estate in a still very hot real estate market. Someone likely had a big check waved under their noses.

• Like 1

Coming soon:

Unless the developer decides on high density urban housing instead. Sad to see, but can't say it surprises me. Freeway frontage real estate in a still very hot real estate market. Someone likely had a big check waved under their noses.

I would assume more houses akin to those that are on the SW corner of the property. That is not a good interstate interchange for commerce yet. Up at Johnson's corner there is still plenty of room for development.

I agreee, when they started building those gigantic houses like 10 years ago I knew it was only a matter of time. Now with how much property values are these days in Colorado... can't really blame the owners, money talks. Sad news. I will miss being able to go here.

I would assume more houses akin to those that are on the SW corner of the property. That is not a good interstate interchange for commerce yet. Up at Johnson's corner there is still plenty of room for development.

From VDR's FB page.

To all our customers . There is a contract on the land with a closing date of Friday August 14. This all happened very quickly with the buyer wanting a quick 60 day closing. Terry, Izek and myself are very sad over VDR closing. The buyer does not want to lease the track to VDR. We have enjoyed providing a fun place for Colorado motocrossers and their families to ride. We ARE OPEN through THURSDAY AUGUST 13. Thank you for the years of patronage, Cathy Frydendall VDR Secretary

So the official word is last day for riding at the facility will be Thursday, August 13, and closing paperwork for real estate transaction on Friday, August 14.

Mega bummer - I've been racing the hare scrambles series there since before the "turn of the century" (1998 or 1999 if I remember correctly)

?  ?  ?

Edited by Grinstead_77G

Will definitely miss riding there and the hare scrambles. Rode in 53 of them over the years! It's too bad that someone didn't take it over and keep it a mx track. The interstate exposure brought a lot of people into the sport....including me!

Coming soon:

That is one place I will NEVER SHOP!!!

• 2 weeks later...