MX1: Paulin

MX2: Musquin 

Open: Febvre

Looks like the favourites. 

Really?

Paulin < Martin

Musquin < Barcia

Febvre  ??? Webb

I guess it depends on starts, injuries, etc, but I don't see that as a dream team.  But, opinions are like xxxxxx, and that's mine.  :ride:

• Like 1

Really?

Paulin < Martin

Musquin < Barcia

Febvre  ??? Webb

I guess it depends on starts, injuries, etc, but I don't see that as a dream team.  But, opinions are like xxxxxx, and that's mine.  :ride:

Anything can happen, dream team or not.  On paper I see your point kinda, but this is on their soil and that's huge.  The weird thing is all 6 of those guys seem to have "one of those days" every now and then that make you scratch your head. To me, Musquin will have the edge on Martin, Barcia could surprise a lot of people in MX1 and pull a huge lead and keep it or do something wild and hang his bike in a tree somewhere.  I think Webb is the real wild card in this though.  If he can get a good start, he may raise some eye brows.  Still, the smart money is definitely on the French just as it use to be on the Belgians not too long ago. 

Can someone explain how the "open" rider thing works.  I get that it's the best 5 races for each team with the worst race thrown out, but does the open rider race two motos on 250's, two motos on 450's or is it one of each?  For the life of me I can't remember what they did last year. 

• Like 1

Anything can happen, dream team or not.  On paper I see your point kinda, but this is on their soil and that's huge.  The weird thing is all 6 of those guys seem to have "one of those days" every now and then that make you scratch your head. To me, Musquin will have the edge on Martin, Barcia could surprise a lot of people in MX1 and pull a huge lead and keep it or do something wild and hang his bike in a tree somewhere.  I think Webb is the real wild card in this though.  If he can get a good start, he may raise some eye brows.  Still, the smart money is definitely on the French just as it use to be on the Belgians not too long ago. 

Can someone explain how the "open" rider thing works.  I get that it's the best 5 races for each team with the worst race thrown out, but does the open rider race two motos on 250's, two motos on 450's or is it one of each?  For the life of me I can't remember what they did last year. 

Good points, I think I was just saying that it's not a slam dunk.  :ride:   That being said, the US hasn't done as well there lately, so I'm not expecting much other than some good racing hopefully.

For the open class, you can ride either size.  http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/Motocross/MotocrossOfNations.aspx  I don't know if they open it up to two strokes, but since it isn't called out in the rules (at least that I could find), I don't think you can.  That would be cool to see a 500cc two stroke, but the top guys are probably faster on the thumpers.

Check out what Emig said about four strokes back in 1995. 🤣 - With the two-stroke 500s dying off, the 1997 event is tweaked so that 250cc two-strokes can race in the Open class. Also, big four-strokes are legal for that division as well, but no one in America really thinks a four-stroke is going to work at the highest level. (Said Jeff Emig after the 1995 MX des Nations in Slovakia, where he battled with big Joel Smets on his four-stroke, “We’re Americans, and Americans don’t get beat by four-strokes.”)

• Like 1

Good points, I think I was just saying that it's not a slam dunk.  :ride:   That being said, the US hasn't done as well there lately, so I'm not expecting much other than some good racing hopefully.

For the open class, you can ride either size.  http://americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/Motocross/MotocrossOfNations.aspx  I don't know if they open it up to two strokes, but since it isn't called out in the rules (at least that I could find), I don't think you can.  That would be cool to see a 500cc two stroke, but the top guys are probably faster on the thumpers.

Check out what Emig said about four strokes back in 1995. 🤣 - With the two-stroke 500s dying off, the 1997 event is tweaked so that 250cc two-strokes can race in the Open class. Also, big four-strokes are legal for that division as well, but no one in America really thinks a four-stroke is going to work at the highest level. (Said Jeff Emig after the 1995 MX des Nations in Slovakia, where he battled with big Joel Smets on his four-stroke, “We’re Americans, and Americans don’t get beat by four-strokes.”)

Yeah that's funny the quotes you can find in the past and then the way things turn out.  Remember not long ago the four stroke class was kind of a novelty.

It's definitely not a slam dunk with the French, they just look the best on paper.  Should be fun to watch this time though, no doubt.

Anything can happen, dream team or not. On paper I see your point kinda, but this is on their soil and that's huge. The weird thing is all 6 of those guys seem to have "one of those days" every now and then that make you scratch your head. To me, Musquin will have the edge on Martin, Barcia could surprise a lot of people in MX1 and pull a huge lead and keep it or do something wild and hang his bike in a tree somewhere. I think Webb is the real wild card in this though. If he can get a good start, he may raise some eye brows. Still, the smart money is definitely on the French just as it use to be on the Belgians not too long ago.

Can someone explain how the "open" rider thing works. I get that it's the best 5 races for each team with the worst race thrown out, but does the open rider race two motos on 250's, two motos on 450's or is it one of each? For the life of me I can't remember what they did last year.

now that your drinking that orange Kool aid you see that Musquin is better than jmart. It's about time!

No matter what we are sending great A list riders but our best three in the country will not be there.

RV and JS7 on a 450, Tomac on a 250. This in it self is a physically impossible with injuries retirements

and Racist Roger views on JS7.

oh come on, it's not cool calling RD a racist or pulling the race card.

now that your drinking that orange Kool aid you see that Musquin is better than jmart. It's about time!

No Squiddy, I never meant that he was better than Jmart.  I think they are both really evenly matched, but on French or European soil where Musquin has experience I can't really bet against the guy.  On U.S. soil, I think there are probably a couple more blue avatars in your future in the coming weeks  :cheers:

No Squiddy, I never meant that he was better than Jmart. I think they are both really evenly matched, but on French or European soil where Musquin has experience I can't really bet against the guy. On U.S. soil, I think there are probably a couple more blue avatars in your future in the coming weeks :cheers:

you said Marv was better. (Inserts fingers into ears) lalallalalalalalalallala
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really?

Paulin < Martin

Musquin < Barcia

Febvre ??? Webb

I guess it depends on starts, injuries, etc, but I don't see that as a dream team. But, opinions are like xxxxxx, and that's mine. :ride:

Is

Martin>dungey?

Barcia>dungey?

Webb>dungey?

Didn't gp beat your best last year?

Y'all gotta start giving credit where it's due because it's just looking saaaaaad now.

• Like 1

No matter what we are sending great A list riders but our best three in the country will not be there.

RV and JS7 on a 450, Tomac on a 250. This in it self is a physically impossible with injuries retirements

and Racist Roger views on JS7.

'Mr 4th'

'Meth head'

And 'I'll just hold the throttle open until I stack it'...

I'd stick with what you've got..