What happened to Jerry Robin?

Anyone know what happened with the kid from Minnesota?  Jerry Robyn  -   2 or 3 years ago he made waves riding the old Elsinore at Loretta Lynn's in the B class and doing well --

there was talk of amateur Geico sponsorship , he was able to pull down gear sponsorships and got a ton of exposure for a while

I was perusing some of the Loretta's class results this morning and it occurred to me i really hadnt heard his name much again after that summer on the 30 y/o bike

Seemed he and his dad were on a shoestring budget and he was riding the old bike originally simply because his late model YZ 125 needed the bottom end rebuilt --  and this eye opening performance was just what he needed to hold onto the dream 

Dont know if he got hurt, discovered girls, ran out of money, or maybe just didnt get the results that were anticipated on late model machinery  (or all of the above) ----    

Whatever the case, i wish him well, ---- sure was an interesting side story of American motocross for a bit 

Anyone know what happened with the kid from Minnesota?  Jerry Robyn  -   2 or 3 years ago he made waves riding the old Elsinore at Loretta Lynn's in the B class and doing well --

there was talk of amateur Geico sponsorship , he was able to pull down gear sponsorships and got a ton of exposure for a while

I was perusing some of the Loretta's class results this morning and it occurred to me i really hadnt heard his name much again after that summer on the 30 y/o bike

Seemed he and his dad were on a shoestring budget and he was riding the old bike originally simply because his late model YZ 125 needed the bottom end rebuilt --  and this eye opening performance was just what he needed to hold onto the dream 

Dont know if he got hurt, discovered girls, ran out of money, or maybe just didnt get the results that were anticipated on late model machinery  (or all of the above) ----    

Whatever the case, i wish him well, ---- sure was an interesting side story of American motocross for a bit 

Riding an old Elsinore, as in silver, steel tanked, twin shocked Elsinore?  I think I owned the last bike that actually said Elsinore on it and it was an '81, but still it was beyond a dinosaur compared to today's bikes.  Would love to find some video of this guy.

Riding an old Elsinore, as in silver, steel tanked, twin shocked Elsinore?  I think I owned the last bike that actually said Elsinore on it and it was an '81, but still it was beyond a dinosaur compared to today's bikes.  Would love to find some video of this guy.

It was an 85 CR 250 if I remember correctly. Not an Elsinore...it would be cool to find out where he is now.

Edit

Here is some info...

http://www.motoplayground.com/features/jerry-robin-another-day-another-dollar

From what I remember was after getting noticed for riding the CR250 he got 2 new - 250 Thumpers.   Once he got this awesome break his attitude changed.  He stopped working hard and started coasting.  He ended up losing both bikes soon afterwards.  This year was not a successful Loretta's.  He actually bombed and I believe had a DNF or 2. 

Not sure if he can expect much support without some solid results.  Miracles don't typically happen more than once in a lifetime. 

• Like 1

It was an 85 CR 250 if I remember correctly. Not an Elsinore...it would be cool to find out where he is now.

Edit

Here is some info...

http://www.motoplayground.com/features/jerry-robin-another-day-another-dollar

Thanks for uploading that interview ---  regrettably more or less confirms what Fryboy said

The kid more or less had a small amount of moto fame thrust upon him and sounds like he wasnt really ready for it .   

Not everybody has the mental toughness of a young Villopoto or Carmichael in the sport.   Finally getting a huge break likely was more stress than he knew what to do with since 2 weeks earlier, he and his dad were band-aid fixing bikes and riding in mis matched gear

This reminds me of people in those home renovation shows who finally get their house fixed up,  but a year later are out of it and broke again because they couldnt afford to pay the property taxes now that the place was worth a lot more 

---- I cant believe that was only 2 years ago - seems like forever.     PErhaps i'll see the kids name close to the top in 2 more years       ( or sadly he may be working at Office Depot in 2 years like a lot of other moto guys with a "I coulda been a contendah "  story )

• Like 1

I saw a GoPro of him riding 450A on a YZ450, he was hauling azz but got passed a bit also. 

He did say that he was working and trying save some money up for more racing, but didn't seem 100% committed by what he was saying.

He was on a rock river bike at LL's this year.....HE had a rock river YZ that blew up on him at a area a few years ago and something about rock river wouldn't help him out with the bike, so he rode the old 85 cr250 in the regional. Then geico aka AMS oil amateur team gave him a 250 and 450, he stopped trying and never had results so they took the bikes back and now he is just a has been..had that one year on the 85 and that was it. his results were terrible that year as well the 85 was only rode in the two stroke class. he was riding a thumper in b class that year.