Sign in to follow this  

Washington Dry bag lost on chikamin trail.

I was riding my 500 over the mountains on Friday the 7th and my dry bag fell off my rear fender. It's yellow and says Vitalire in it. I had all my tools, spare tubes, tire iron ect in side. I was taking picture almost the hole way taking my time and I ran into a couple ktm riders one girl one guy on a 200 maybe and a newer 250/300. Once I found out it was gone I turned around and I found both of my straps on the middle of the trail but no dry bag. I'm thinking it was taken, I got off my bike and looked up and down the trail and couldn't find it.

If any one knows anything about it please let me know. I'm hoping it wasn't "stolen" and maybe they picked it up to take back to camp and ask around. Hoping.

Thanks.

-Brady.

I was riding my 500 over the mountains on Friday the 7th and my dry bag fell off my rear fender. It's yellow and says Vitalire in it. I had all my tools, spare tubes, tire iron ect in side. I was taking picture almost the hole way taking my time and I ran into a couple ktm riders one girl one guy on a 200 maybe and a newer 250/300. Once I found out it was gone I turned around and I found both of my straps on the middle of the trail but no dry bag. I'm thinking it was taken, I got off my bike and looked up and down the trail and couldn't find it.

If any one knows anything about it please let me know. I'm hoping it wasn't "stolen" and maybe they picked it up to take back to camp and ask around. Hoping.

Thanks.

-Brady.

We found it. Where do you live? I was just logging in to post "if you can describe it" but obviously yours. We actually found it on Sunday morning just above the main rock area on Chickamin Tie. Someone must have placed it there on the upper bank right next to the trail. We thought maybe the owner set it down and forgot it.

Edited by Dr d

That is great you grabbed it.  I sent a pm to Brady that my wife and I were the ones he passed.  It was laying in the middle of the trail right past the really rocky exposed area.  We propped it up on the high side of the trail just like you found it.  Since we just passed him and thought he would come look for it we just left it there.  His straps fell off much farther up the trail and that is where he quit looking.  The off-road riding community continues to impress me, pretty cool that he will get it back!

That is great you grabbed it.  I sent a pm to Brady that my wife and I were the ones he passed.  It was laying in the middle of the trail right past the really rocky exposed area.  We propped it up on the high side of the trail just like you found it.  Since we just passed him and thought he would come look for it we just left it there.  His straps fell off much farther up the trail and that is where he quit looking.  The off-road riding community continues to impress me, pretty cool that he will get it back!

Yep. We were unsure to take it or leave it but there were no fresh tracks the morning we rode so we figured it was from the previous day or so. Glad we grabbed it, but it was heavy!