Battery Power Issue

I have a 230f with a baja kit to make it street legal. Yesterday I was out riding on the street and I discovered my blinkers weren't working. I stopped and messed around with them and discovered that if I put the beams on high, the left blinker would work, but then the right blinker would make the headlight flash instead of the actual blinker. Eventually, the headlight and blinkers stopped working all together, while the bike was running. I turned off the bike and there was nothing when I pushed the start button. So I had to push start it and drive home with no lights, which was unfortunate since it was dark. I survived though.

I brought it home and checked the connections to the battery and they seemed fine. The battery is new so I don't think that is an issue.  I've had low batteries before and they made a noise, and this makes no noise at all. I've never had any issues with the headlight or blinkers before this. Has someone experienced this and have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks

You need a volt meter.

Weird things start to happen to electronics when the voltage drops. You need a higher output stator cause your lights are depleting the battery more than it is being charged.

•  

Weird things start to happen to electronics when the voltage drops. You need a higher output stator cause your lights are depleting the battery more than it is being charged.

• Ditto.

Sounds like you need some new blinker fluid...

Charge battery fully start bike and connect volt meter to battery.

With all lights off and revved up to about 4-5,000 rpm meter should read 13.8-14.2 volts good?

Now turn on all lights same reading?

If lower your battery will go dead.

You will need to rewind stator so voltage will stay at 13.8 - 14.2 so your battery will live. (Or always park on a hill and bump start your bike)

Your choice...

Sounds like you need some new blinker fluid...

best fix those muffler bearings first... :lol:

Edited by daled

. . . . and pick up a can of "Start ya Bastard" while you're at it.

What type and wattage of headlight bulb do you have? Cycle gear has great price on a LED conversion headlight for H4 and H7 type bulbs. Only use 27 watts yet brighter than 60 watt Halogen. I actually convert all my turn/tail/guage bulbs to LED on my vintage roadbikes (CL-350's etc) and this allows me to use a bright headlight instead of dim candle Honda had stock. 1 watt for tail vs 18 watts alone. Turns 1 watt instead of 11 or more. It all adds up. LED flasher convertor is 20 bucks so they "blink"

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll try some of them this weekend.

I'm also not sure if it's an issue of the headlight draining the battery, although I think i may have that issue as well. Before, my battery has died on me but it's still made a noise when I try to start it and has showed symptoms of dying before it actually does. This was a new battery and had been working great with no signs of dying. Then it went weird with the blinkers and then just stopped working, and doesn't make any noise when I go to start it.