Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Warrior 350 clunks in reverse!?!?! Please help me guys!

I have a 02 warrior that has a problem I just can't figure out. When I put it in reverse and drive it makes this weird clunking noise. It sounds as if it is coming from the front sprocket area or somewhere around the chain. If I put the bike in neutral and push it backwards it still makes the noise so I know it's not something specifically with the reverse gear. I'm really confused and I know this is the best place I've got to get an answer. Sorry for not posting this on the sport atv forum but I keep getting an error message and it won't let me post there.

Post a video of the noise, both with the atv driving in reverse and you pushing the atv in neutral (with the bike off)

Edited by LoonRider

Does it happen when you're driving in reverse or only when you put it in?

Badly worn chain and sprockets will do that. Chain will hook going backwards but not forward.

Alright guys thnx for the help and sorry I haven't been on in a while. I've been away for a while. I'm not sure how to post a video however I will try to change the sprockets and maybe the chain and see if that does the trick. If not I'll figure out how to post a vid and do that. I'll keep you guys posted because I might need the help lol.

It happens all the time if it is moving backwards to answer you question. I can push it backwards in neutral and it will still clunk.