Sign in to follow this  

Twin air filter

I have a twin air filter and I wanted to remove the backfire screen and was wondering if doing this could it catch the air filter on fire if a backfire was to occur? I have a crf250r.

Your good take it off I had three thumpers removed it on all of them no problem at all.

Removing the screen is going to increase your air flow....... when I installed the JD jet kit on my CRF250X the instructions for 0-3000 ft. said use the 158 main jet.

and if removing the screen install the 160 main jet. Because removing the screen increases the air flow........... not by much but it does matter for "fine tuning"

I'm not an expert on this stuff and it's your bike so you do what you wanna do, but the bike designers put it there for a reason...

Removing the screen is going to increase your air flow....... when I installed the JD jet kit on my CRF250X the instructions for 0-3000 ft. said use the 158 main jet.

and if removing the screen install the 160 main jet. Because removing the screen increases the air flow........... not by much but it does matter for "fine tuning"

I as well used the jd jet, I replaced my main jet from 172 to 175 when I added a fmf factory 4.1 full system. Thank you all for your advice I really do appreciate it

Sciortino212 Twin air makes fire resistant air filters I've been using then for two years plus no problems they have a black lining on the inside and they all end in "fr" Google the one for your bike