Webb's Accusations of "Cross Jumping"

Motocross

So Coop's been pretty outspoken about Marvin these past couple weeks, but watching all the motos I just have not seen anything on camera to support his gripes. I see plenty of line defending on the ground from the 25 - who is fighting tooth and nail for the TITLE - but have yet to see anything all that dangerous. What I do see is Webb trying WAY too hard to stick it in on Marvin, making mistakes, and yesterday, crashing out. Personally I think Webb is a bit of a drama queen, whether it be with Bowers, Marv, or Martin. 

Opinions? 

I thought Marvin ride like an ass at red bud when his wrist was hurting him but I find it funny when riders waste a bunch of energy trying long shot outside moves and then bitch about it when the rider in front of them protects their line. If Webb is getting flustered by this, he'll get eaten alive at the mxdn against those guys.

really young...

i thought i knew everything when i was his age too. and when your a top guy people listen, make opinions. he is good for the sport. he isnt the nice guy marv is, isnt the happy guy like martin is. Hes the balls out i want to beat you on the track cause your in my way guy. and its fun to watch. Personally i think he will be the next guy to win multiple championships in the big bike class. he is my pic for 2016 sxw mx 250 champ

I caught a couple mid air cross overs at Washougal but nothing that seemed too dangerous. Bikes like to move around a lot in the mud. Was there more drama at Unadilla? 

I caught a couple mid air cross overs at Washougal but nothing that seemed too dangerous. Bikes like to move around a lot in the mud. Was there more drama at Unadilla? 

According to Webb there was, but given the cameras were on them almost the whole time, I don't know what's he's complaining about. MM is fighting for the title, most people would wreck their Mothers for a title.

Edited by MediumDriver

MM is fighting for the title, most people would wreck their Mothers for a title.

2 friggen points! 250's once again proving to be the better racing!

2 friggen points! 250's once again proving to be the better racing!

Which is probably a good reason why Musquin should be wary of Webb.  Webb says he won't do anything to help Jmart, but obviously has a little something extra for Marvin.  Marvin needs to avoid Webb because he could find himself on the ground, Webb has nothing to lose.

I thought Langston was perfect.

I'm in the lead, I'm protecting my line.

I'm trying to pass you, what are you doing blocking me.

Cross jumping is dangerous.  I didn't see the previous races where Webb got mad.  

I did see Barcia get knocked down by Dungey mid air and Barcia hitting Roczen midair in SX a  year ago.

Props to Webb for not losing it at Unadilla and putting a wheel into the side of MM.   They were all over each other and it would have been a huge controversy if MM was taken out of the points race by another Yamaha.   Webb pushed it, but didn't spoil the series.   Nor get suspended by the AMA.   That showed some maturity (or a lecture by the AMA or team manager). Other than putting his bike on the ground, Webb did it right in moto 2.

Edited by Kev_XR

Webb should just go land on Musquin like Canard did Reed, maybe that will put a stop to it!!  :p

I think that Marvin rode like a DI%K at Red Bud, but not really anything bad since then.

I think that Marvin rode like a DI%K at Red Bud, but not really anything bad since then.

This.  I made the comment while watching that Marv was all over the place.  I get protecting lines, but that was a bit more just protecting.  

Rubbin is racing guys!

Motocross is the hardest of core in that respect.

No it isnt right to block hard, dive in, or do any move that endangers another rider but its part of the all out racing that motocross is.

To me, at least over the last few races, Webb has looked a tad faster than Musquin has.  I've never been a Webb swinger, but I can certainly see his frustration.  I can also totally understand why Musquin is doing what he's doing, he's two points behind Martin and needs every point he can get.

My feel is that Musquin needs to do what he has to do, but shouldn't be too surprised or butt hurt when Webb has to make the pass a bit aggressively, because they're close enough in speed that he won't be able to do it politely.  Each guy's got work to be done, and as long as the racing is clean then go to it! 

I didn't see Musquin pulling an Alessi out there, though.

Anyone catch that Webb was doing that double that NO ONE else on the track even attempted...  I caught it when he wrecked and the announcers didn't mention it at all..  Then I noticed at about the 23:30 (moto 2) mark he was doing it and again the announcers missed it ....  He was railing the outside   before it to get a run at it ... Pretty ballzy move that ended up costing him ......    Dude was gong for it.. I like his aggression out there !!!!!!

Anyone catch that Webb was doing that double that NO ONE else on the track even attempted...  I caught it when he wrecked and the announcers didn't mention it at all..  Then I noticed at about the 23:30 (moto 2) mark he was doing it and again the announcers missed it ....  He was railing the outside   before it to get a run at it ... Pretty ballzy move that ended up costing him ......    Dude was gong for it.. I like his aggression out there !!!!!!

He said he only did it once, then ate shit on the second go. You saw it twice? Nice...!

He said he only did it once, then ate shit on the second go. You saw it twice? Nice...!

I must have just happen to catch it.. I didn't hear him even mention that he did it...    Camera work was a bit weak this last race... 

I saw both of them. Hes definitely the most aggressive rider on the track

I saw both of them. Hes definitely the most aggressive rider on the track

Hes fun to watch ... Gonna be an epic SX season with him in there ....  Will they put him and Jmart on the same coast this year, would make for some great racing ?!?!

I dont think Red Bud was bad, even dont think it happened, the commentators themselves argued that Webb was off the mark in his comments. Webb apologized later which I give him big credit for. I only saw Moto 1 this week and I didnt see any of this so not sure what Webb might be talking about or if he even said anything.  However Web probably needs to toughen up emotionally, it wont get easier.  Kid rides great but a bit of a head case, at least from what I have seen.  

Hes fun to watch ... Gonna be an epic SX season with him in there ....  Will they put him and Jmart on the same coast this year, would make for some great racing ?!?!

From Star Racing's standpoint, it probably wouldn't make sense.  They have a much better chance at both titles with them split up just like PC Kawi does with their top guys.