Ooops - Looped my Beta, need fender and tail light assembly

Well, I figured it would happen someday... looped my bike while practicing wheelies (forgot to cover rear brake). I thought it would be on the 2T GasGas, but the Beta took the hit instead.  I just slide off the back and didn't even get a bruise, but it shattered the whole (white) rear fender, and broke off the license plate and tail light assembly.  Anyone else done this?  Recommendations on where to source a fender and (stock) tail light and license plate holder assembly?  I hope it's less than $150 for parts.  That was an expensive wheelie!

• Like 1

When I did my BYOB I exchanged my white fender for a red one. The graphics were already on the one Beta kept ('15). They may still have it?

I think I would buy something like this before I went back to stock:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/custom-dynamics-led-all-in-one-flat-license-plate-frame

custom_dynamics_led_all_in_one_flat_lice

Edited by Johnny Depp

Sometimes AMBeta has leftover/used plastic they set out for dealer garage sale packages, check with a local dealer....on another note, the rear LED tail light for a CR450 from Western Power Sports is a direct bolt on for $14.95....whole lot cheaper ;). Hope it helps...

• Like 3

You're not the first.  I just picked up a 15 beta 300 RR Friday and did the same thing - the first day I owned it.  Dealer ordered new parts.  No clue how much.  Should be here Wednesday.  :(

• Like 1

I destroyed the backend of mine doing a pivot turn between some tight trees. If I remember right....the black sub fender was about $35...the rear fenders about $50....solid work breaking it in ;)

Edited by Whiskeythrottle24

I destroyed the backend of mine doing a pivot turn between some tight trees. If I remember right....the black sub fender was about $35...the rear fenders about $50....solid work breaking it in ;)

So ~$100ish (including shipping) plus $20ish for the CR450 brake light = $120 bucks... not excruciatingly painful, but still an expensive wheelie!  Maybe that will be a good reminder to COVER THE DAMN REAR BRAKE when I let her really snort out of a bermed corner again!

EDIT:  Just got off the phone with Dave @ Get Dirty Dirt Bikes... he was super helpful and had all plastics and the tail light I need in stock.  No stock fender decal, though.  $125 incl shipping.  Case solved.

Edited by mtnmanseth
  • Like 6

Thats another reason I like 4 strokes. I never cover the brake since the motor has good engine braking.

That's true my friend....that's why I cheat and run a left-hand rear brake on my bikes...woohoo:)

• Like 2

My front fender has been amazingly tough .....curled it several times with only a little white crease showing.....the decals and shrouds tough as well....now the rear subfender I have removed 5 times on the 300.....the shop here stocks them because of me ...:) the rear fender has a crack, she will have to hold on until the front fender dies before she gets replaced. Unless it $£#! the bed all together;)

• Like 1

The subfender is what shattered into 6 pieces for me.  The fender is still usable, its cracked in a few places.  The actual fender itself was bent and curled all the way over.  I was able to just push it back down into place.  The subfender must be made of different plastic because its really brittle.

So ~$100ish (including shipping) plus $20ish for the CR450 brake light = $120 bucks... not excruciatingly painful, but still an expensive wheelie!  Maybe that will be a good reminder to COVER THE DAMN REAR BRAKE when I let her really snort out of a bermed corner again!

EDIT:  Just got off the phone with Dave @ Get Dirty Dirt Bikes... he was super helpful and had all plastics and the tail light I need in stock.  No stock fender decal, though.  $125 incl shipping.  Case solved.

They had the subfender in stock as well?  I looked for it and couldn't find it on their website.

Someone I know made some relief cuts on the sides of the sub fender in hopes that it would fold father then crack & also not take out the main fender with it. I am mounting a license plate & turn signals on mine. Any suggestions?

I haven't made any relief cuts, but what I have done is run old clutch cable next to the brake/turn signal wires and secured them so that they wouldn't rip out every time I break it....(like a leash) that way I wouldn't have to buy new turn signals/brake light every time.

The last time I snapped off the sub fender on a pivot turn I pulled up to my riding buddy and told him his bike sounded horrible, it was MY SUBFENDER dragging on MY TIRE!!!!! LOL!!! I pulled over, cut the cables and unplugged my lights and stuffed them inside my pack....I was able to reuse them. :) hope it helps....

As a secondary it also keeps you from losing your plate if it totally breaks off..... I did that once :(

• Like 1

I haven't made any relief cuts, but what I have done is run old clutch cable next to the brake/turn signal wires and secured them so that they wouldn't rip out every time I break it....(like a leash) that way I wouldn't have to buy new turn signals/brake light every time.

The last time I snapped off the sub fender on a pivot turn I pulled up to my riding buddy and told him his bike sounded horrible, it was MY SUBFENDER dragging on MY TIRE!!!!! LOL!!! I pulled over, cut the cables and unplugged my lights and stuffed them inside my pack....I was able to reuse them. :) hope it helps....

As a secondary it also keeps you from losing your plate if it totally breaks off..... I did that once :(

Lost my plate a few weeks back, practicing my pivot turns. Didn't even notice it was gone till I got home. Lesson learned. 

Are Beta plastics so fragile? I can twist the plastics on my other bikes into pretzels & they don't break.

No but if one flips over any bike damage will occur. I've never broken any and I've been riding them since 09'.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

It is the license bracket that causes the snap. I looped mine twice on purpose and once by accident yesterday and got full Thiesman without a break. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Still can't bend those stock bars.

• Like 2