Sign in to follow this  

California Blinkers as running lights?

Does anyone know how to wire turn signals so they are always on except when they blink?  Wiring diagram?

do you want them to still function as blinkers?

im setting up a set of oem turn signals to be switchable auxiliary lights up front. ive changed the bulbs to higher output led's(white), so they are brighter but have less power draw. however, they wont be functional as turn signals. 

i think if you want to retain their functionality as signals, you made need to rewire then wire in a a flasher relay.

do you want them to still function as blinkers?

Yes and I want to retain the single filament bulbs.

Yes and I want to retain the single filament bulbs.

run the running light circuit through a normally closed flasher relay, then use the signal circuit to operate the coil of the relay. it will just work in reverse from what the dash light shows. When dash light is on, the blinker will be off and  vise-versa. a little more complicated than that, but just giving a quicky...

Edited by Dube2

run the running light circuit through a normally closed flasher relay, then use the signal circuit to operate the coil of the relay. 

I understand the circuitry you speak of.  I'm having trouble sourcing the relay because they either don't show a diagram or the diagram is bogus.  Do you know if there is a double relay that will run both circuits/sides or do I have to run two separate?  I prefer electronic over thermal and resistors.

it will just work in reverse from what the dash light shows. When dash light is on, the blinker will be off and  vise-versa. 

I don't have a problem with this.

I understand the circuitry you speak of.  I'm having trouble sourcing the relay because they either don't show a diagram or the diagram is bogus.  Do you know if there is a double relay that will run both circuits/sides or do I have to run two separate?  I prefer electronic over thermal and resistors.

I don't have a problem with this.

You def have the right idea, but no I'm not familiar with the circuitry. Would love to see how it worked out after all.