Not A Good Day

Hey guys. Was racing in my local series today and on the first lap I was doing good. I was in 9th out of 20 riders in my class. Still in the first lap about 4 miles in, I crashed hard. I've never hit the ground that hard before. My right arm on the right side of my forearm hit something that was hard and immediately pain shot up my entire arm. It put me down for a few seconds but I figured I could ride it out. It was awful guys, every bump made pain shoot through my entire arm. I struggled severely to stay consistent and got passed by everyone. I got to the finish line and decided to call it a day due to the extreme pain in my arm. I only finished one lap and I absolutely hate quitting. Couple hours later and it's swelled like a balloon and is badly bruised. Did I make a good decision to call it early?

I could easily justify your quitting or I could call you a huge pu$$y. Its all how YOU feel. 

The only people who should tractor through bad pain should be collecting a pay check doing it....maybe i'm just getting old

Yes, in my experience with basketball, it's always a bad idea to push an injury. You can make it worse just by using whatever you injured, and you can really mess things up a whole lot worse if you take a second spill.

If you would have continued, you may have broken your neck by being limited with the bad arm.

Tree's are even harder and less forgiving than the ground.

You did what I wood (pun) have done.  Pack it in.

Run away today.  Live to run away another day.

Unless you are being paid millions and millions of dollars to race, you should of packed it in and gone to the ER.

If you would have continued, you may have broken your neck by being limited with the bad arm.

Tree's are even harder and less forgiving than the ground.

You did what I wood (pun) have done. Pack it in.

Run away today. Live to run away another day.

Haha yeah, it was bad. I was a lot slower and I hit so many trees. It was so bad other riders were noticing it. It looks like I have a ping pong ball above my elbow.

Hey guys. Was racing in my local series today and on the first lap I was doing good. I was in 9th out of 20 riders in my class. Still in the first lap about 4 miles in, I crashed hard. I've never hit the ground that hard before. My right arm on the right side of my forearm hit something that was hard and immediately pain shot up my entire arm. It put me down for a few seconds but I figured I could ride it out. It was awful guys, every bump made pain shoot through my entire arm. I struggled severely to stay consistent and got passed by everyone. I got to the finish line and decided to call it a day due to the extreme pain in my arm. I only finished one lap and I absolutely hate quitting. Couple hours later and it's swelled like a balloon and is badly bruised. Did I make a good decision to call it early?

Yea quitting was wise. I've pushed myself after crashing hard in high speed desert whoops, spraining my wrist, then developed a super case of tendinitis.

Another time I was struck with hyponatremia--lacking salt/electrolytes in my bloodstream--and could have actually killed myself bc I just couldn't give up!!! I'll get last place but I'll finish!!

Dude quitting is sometimes a form of self preservation. It's the wise thing to do.

You did the right thing. Similar thing happened to me this year but with my leg. I limped it back to finish and it was the last lap so it worked out, but I was done either way. There is no point to keep going when you're injured that bad, and you're likely to make the injury worse or crash and injure other things. At that point you're not having fun and not getting better.