Baggett

Motocross

I expected more from him being on one of the best bikes out there...

You know, most of the really good guys through history didn't do all that hot their first year in the big class either. He's right where most expected for his first 450 season. He'll get wins soon enough, he's still maturing with the 450.

I think for being as small as he is he's doing okay as a rookie. Career wise he's miles behind, people seem to forget this is Dungeys 6th year and third championship while Baggets a rookie even though Baggets older than Ryan. He was very slow moving up to the 450 but still doing decent

I think for being as small as he is he's doing okay as a rookie. Career wise he's miles behind, people seem to forget this is Dungeys 6th year and third championship while Baggets a rookie even though Baggets older than Ryan. He was very slow moving up to the 450 but still doing decent

bagget isn't older then Dunge

You know, most of the really good guys through history didn't do all that hot their first year in the big class either. He's right where most expected for his first 450 season. He'll get wins soon enough, he's still maturing with the 450.

Most great riders had a successful first year when they move up.

Blake will never be a 450 champ.

Edited by GBowman

That's highly debatable

bagget isn't older then Dunge

I have the moto calendar at my house with the birthdays. Dungey is born December 1989. I know what I did I was thinking of Wil Hahn I'm pretty sure. 

He's 4th in the points, 30 points away from Pourcel in 5th.  I think he's been doing pretty well, but not so much lately.  He will probably finish 4th, not so bad for a 450 rookie.

I thought he would have the realistic potential to win this year, but he doesn't. From what I've heard he's still struggling with suspension, and working with RJ i think? I think he has a lot more to show, he doesn't look to be really hanging it out like he would on a 250F. I think it's stupid to say he'll never be champion, but i do hope he gets comfortable again so the chupacabra can be it's wild self again! When you really think about it, there are three guys who can actually realistically go out and win a moto this year, and that's Dungey, Barcia, and Roczen, (Tomac of course) Canard isn't there yet, my point is I thought Blake would be in that group for at least one moto win. Given some more time, I'm sure Pourcel will be able to run the pace required for moto wins over the three riders I mentioned, he can for short times, but if he keeps improving he'll get there, there are plenty of signs to it. Good starts, passing moto winners like Barcia this weekend, you don't see Baggett or Anderson passing any of those three riders. With the exception of Roczen on his strange off days. My logic is that if you can win a 450 GP you can win a 450 National, what does everybody else think?

Baggett's won a double digit amount of motos on a 250F against guys like Tomac, Barcia, and Roczen. We should wait until he shows his confidence is back and then start really watching him. He looks kind of timid or tentative still on the 450. 

Baggett%20Freestone%203.jpg

He has never been the same since he broke his wrist 

I thought he would be better than he has been.

this. People seem to fotget how much of an animal he was until that happened.

I think his year has been ok, standing wise a little skewed by absent riders. I don't think he will go much higher however. There may be an odd podium here or there, but will probably never win.

I agree, a 450 GP winner should be able to win a 450 National or vice versa.

Baggett's won a double digit amount of motos on a 250F against guys like Tomac, Barcia, and Roczen. We should wait until he shows his confidence is back and then start really watching him. He looks kind of timid or tentative still on the 450. 

I would be pretty timid on a 450 as well if I was packing only a buck 35.  

That's highly debatable

Have to side with Bowman here, can't see Blake ever taking a 450 title.

Look who he has to beat: Dungey, Roczen, Canard, Anderson, Musquin, Webb, Martin, AC, Stew, Tomac... and on. I'd take that debate, and I'd take that bet too... ;)

Edited by MediumDriver

This, I like Blake, and hope he has a great 450 career, but he hasn't been the same since he broke his wrist. Don't know if it's mental or physical, but he isn't the same. Edited by 941MXVET

Have to side with Bowman here, can't see Blake ever taking a 450 title ;)

Would that make him a 450 failure?

Would that make him a 450 failure?

No. Why would it? Never said that, just agreed with Bowman he'll never win a title on the big bikes. 

No. Why would it? Never said that, just agreed with Bowman he'll never win a title on the big bikes.

Just asking, nothing more. Bowman's post seemed diragotory, and I didn't expect you to agree with a diragotory post like that. Edited by 941MXVET

Just asking, nothing more. Bowman's post seemed diragotory, and I didn't expect you to agree with a diragotory post like that.

Wasn't the tone I was agreeing with, just the sentiment. 

I was a HUGE fan of Blake's when he won the 250 MX title, the way he did it was awesome, and he showed something the others didn't have. But, as you say, things have not been the same for a while since the wrist. Would he have been on the Tomac/Kenny/Barcia/Wilson level outdoors without that injury? We'll never know.

Edited by MediumDriver